*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/253310-Blackout-03
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Arts · #702718
I decided to try my hand at this journallog thing
#253310 added August 14, 2003 at 10:43pm
Restrictions: None
Blackout '03
Well I was one of those lucky folk fortunate enough to live in New York state. Which means at 4:15pm EST I lost my power, along with most of the NE and some of Canada. Luckilly we got it back sooner than most at 9:00pm EST. Let me tell ya, it sucked. At first it just sort of powered down and thing tried to stay on but couldn't fully come on. My comp tried to reboot, my printer tried to reset, my VCR tried to turn on. At one point the VCR ejected the tape in it (weird) and the printer, which re-aligns the cartirdges whenever it's turned on, went psycho and the cartridges rushed back and forth, it sounded like a machine gun. We had to go around and turn everything off. Though most things couldn't turn off because there wasn't enough power for them to register the off command. So we had to trip all the surge protecters to get things off.
The radio stations all died one by one with a mere few left in the final hours of the blackout. Sirens could be heard every now and then. Malls evacuated because stores had no cash registers (which all rely on computers and internet sometimes) and because most stores electronically locked up.
And they say all this is because of a simply bolt of lightening. I'm slightly not believing that. Anyway, the whole grid shut down. Which it shouldn't have because there are safe guards for that type of thing, guess they didn't work to well.
Oh well, at least I got power now. Have fun, cherish lighting, and AC, and all that good stuff. Manana I go to KevN's house and we do stuff, mostly discuss important issues concerniing our comic. Check the website for official updates and who knows, this journal gets a lot of info crammed in it as well.


Darká Degerön - the poet Darká

© Copyright 2003 DMB Secundus (UN: kornkidxxix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DMB Secundus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/253310-Blackout-03