*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/261573-Shes-Baaaaaaack
by Circe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Friendship · #589633
This would be my journal...
#261573 added October 15, 2003 at 8:45am
Restrictions: None
She's Baaaaaaack.
Written while I was up at my dads. All posted up now...

1 October

I’m currently at my dad’s place after spending the last night and day up in Brisbane. (Which means I’ve now been in every capital city in Australia except for one. Yay.) anyway, it’s about 6pm and pitch black outside my window. It’s the sort of darkness you’ll never find in the city. It’s the kind of dark that makes you realise you’re really out of town. The closest light out there is across the valley- their neighbour.

We’ve only just gotten back here like half an hour ago, and I’ve already unpacked my stuff. (I’m surprisingly neat here. at least the start with.) I’m listening to Gollum’s Song as I write this, and wondering if there will be enough power to plug this thing in and recharge it once it goes dead in about 2 and a half hours. I lugged this thing around all day through Pacific Fair, a simply massive shopping centre on the Gold Coast. It was killing my shoulder, but there was no way I was going to leave it in the car. The Precious? Left in a car, simply asking to be stolen? I think not! I had a hard enough time when we stopped at a shop on the way home and I had to leave it. I got all freaked out and kept having to look out the window to check that it was still there! Yeah, yeah, I know I’m anal retentive about this thing. But I looooooves it! It is the Precious after all.

Three Hours Later…

Okay, I’m freaking out. I’ve had dinner and yada yada yada. And I’m Freaking Out. Did I mention that I’m freaking out?? The reason being that somewhere in my room is an Ugly Big Creepy-Arse Black Spider. Yeah, I came in to set up my bed for the night, and started pulling out the mozzie net and setting it up. Then, boom! Ugly Big Creepy-Arse Black Spider is running across the bed at me! I made a sound that was somewhere between a squeal and a shout of disgust. Then, being the fearless heroine I am, I yelled for my daddy. Yep. Big, scared girl. Stupid Spider. Anyway, after half an hour of complete panicking and my whole body shaking, dad convinced me that aforementioned Ugly Big Creepy-Arse Black Spider was not in my bed. Which he’d better bloody be right about, or else I’m now trapped in here with it under the mozzie net! Every few seconds I look around the make sure I can’t see it. But, ahh, I have to reach out of the netting to turn of the light. What if it launches itself at my arm! And then it climbs up my arm and…what? Seriously, what do I think it’s gonna do? It wasn’t a poisonous spider from what I saw. All it will do is creep me right out. Wibble. It’s gonna get me!!

Alright, I’m gonna go write some Gateway. I’m almost finished chapter 10 after simply aaaaaaagggeeeeees. Also, this thing’s running out of juice soon. (Although, I can charge it up here which is a bloody relief!) Although, I’m not sure when I’ll be able to get onto the net to post this up. Hmmm.

Going to see Pirates of the Caribbean again tomorrow. Was mildly horrified to find that dad and Gwen didn’t even know what it was! Tsk tsk, people who don’t own TV’s. And since I won’t be able to survive with out visual sustenance, I’m getting out video’s tomorrow. The list stands as such:

*Bullet* Lord of the Rings- since I didn’t bring my own copy. Stupid.
*Bullet*Labyrinth- for the wonderful David Bowie and also because it reminds me of danika whom I’m missing terribly since she went to Ireland.
*Bullet*Chamber of Secrets- to perve on my four Slytherins (Riddle, Draco, Snape, and Lucius) and because it always reminds me of aarna and Sena is Spider-Girl! because we watched it the first night I met Raen. I think.

Actually, I’m too tired to write anything sensible for Gateway. I’m gonna try and get some sleep instead, and not freak out at everything that could be construed as a crawling spider. Good luck to me.

And, yes Sena. I will write Remus/Narcissa while I’m here, and Raen you know I’ll write Diantha/Luthe, because it’s an addiction. I may even write my first post for ‘Heirs: Veritas’ and ‘North Island’ tomorrow. They just won’t get up for a while. Pout.

Okay, g’night Precious. G’night everyone in Writing.com land. G’night Ugly Big Creepy-Arse Black Spider Who May Or May Not Be Poisonous But Will Cause Me To Scream Like A Girl Either Way If I See It.

I’m gone.

3 October

Wheeeeeeeeeee! Finished chapter ten for the Gateway. Go me! *does a dance*

Also wrote a bit of D/L. not particularly much. I’m thinking, since I won’t have the time, I’ll let Raen start North Island, and Sena start Heirs: Veritas. Sound good? No, I’m not sure who I’m asking either. And since by the time I post this up, the decision will already be made, I don’t see why I’m even saying it.

I’m a weather magnet. Hmmm, I don’t know if it something actually mystical or blind luck/unluck, but every time I go somewhere, weather wackyness ensues.

Exhibit A

Went to Hong Kong. Had to stay inside the hotel because of insane, out of nowhere typhoon. Locals said it was the biggest one for a long while. On the way back to Australia, our plan was delayed for 8 hours because of a force 10 typhoon.

Exhibit B

Went to Japan. They then had the biggest Typhoon in fifty years. Ripped houses apart and pulled down trees.

Exhibit C

Went to New Zealand. It snowed. Emily (Sena is Spider-Girl! ’s sis) joked that I was Storm.

Exhibit D

Came here, Nimbin NSW, and it hasn’t stopped raining since I got here. apparently, it had been swelteringly hot before I got here for weeks. I touch down in Coolangatta, drive to Brisbane, and suddenly: rain. Then got back to Nimbin in time for a storm that ripped down half the trees in the yard.

Even as I’ve been writing this the rain, which hasn’t been more than a gentle mist, has started pounding on the roof. I can barely hear my music any more. I swear, every time I come here it storms like mad.


Errr, should I be worried that the rain now seems to be making the same beat as my music? *looks around suspiciously.*

Okay, I’m off to eat Nutella and write more Gateway. Also to do actual homework, blah.

4 October.

AAHHH!!

I apologise to anyone who’s been trying to IM me while I’ve been up north. It’s really annoying. Dad’s comp doesn’t like the IM’s at all and just freezes up when they come up. Which meant every few seconds I had to quickly close the console. Also, I haven’t emailed anyone back who needs it, because I write all my emails on my laptop, and it’s just a hassle to move them onto dad’s comp. (Actually, more than a hassle- it’s impossible. I don’t have a floppy disk drive and he doesn’t have a USB port. Pout.)

That will be the best thing when I get home- to be able to be on Writing.com properly. Also, you know, I’ll be home and that’s my favourite place. My room. Don’t get me wrong, it’s beautiful here. Right now it’s just raining gently; the nearby Mountain is hidden from my view by a thick, soft mist that rolls across the valley and up to the base of the house. There’s every shade of green to be found out here. The breeze is just gentle and the wind chimes are a delicate background music, fitting in with the divine voice of Wendy Rule perfectly. But it’s not home, you know? It’s a beautiful, and very pagan, holiday away from home. I miss my own bed, and my mum, and my cats.

But right now I’m pretty content to just sit here and listen to the rain around me.

I have a month til my exams and I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to finish. Looking at my work I doubt I’ll be able to finish all my work in time. Then what do I do? No idea. I’m feeling too calm now to panic. Here are my options for next year.

*Bullet* Go to Uni- if I can get the grades, that’s the plan
*Bullet* Go to TAFE- But I’m not sure if I can afford that.
*Bullet* Run away to Christchurch- that would be the most fun of the options, but also the least likely, I guess. But then I still have to work out what I’ll do when I get there.

Blah. I hate this. I don’t want to grow up. I don’t want to get a job. All I want to do is move to New Zealand, live in a bean bag house, and write stories. Why isn’t that a viable plan? Again I say ‘blah.’

This has mostly been brought on by a phone call this morning. I found out that my cousin Stephen is over in Europe, living the cliché. He’s a month younger than me and at the moment he’s in Spain, after leaving Ireland, then he’s going on to Romania. Apparently he’s been saving for a year. Why didn’t I do this? Why didn’t I have the foresight to do the same thing? Pout. Doesn’t help that danika is doing the same thing. She’s on the England trek. Wish I’d had the cash to join her. Oh well, there’s always later. But the thing is, I don’t think I’d want to do that alone. To be in a foreign country all by myself? No way! So I raise a toast to Stephen and Danika. The two people far braver than me who are out there living the dream.

And me, who has no idea what her dream even is.

5 October

Went to a party last night. Was for a friend of dad’s so there weren’t exactly many people my age there. I swear, I was one of the few people not smoking a joint and/or drinking. God, I must have looked like a square, or something! whatever, it’s not like I think I’m morally superior or something, it’s just that I have better things to do. I mean, I won’t smoke pot because I really don’t think it’s a wonderful idea to be sucking any kind of smoke into my lungs! And I wouldn’t do heroin because I’d have to inject it, and why stick a needle into yourself unless you’ve got to, right? See, the only drug I could really have is E. Because it’s just a little pill (A little killer-no-idea-what’s-in-it-or-who-made-it pill.) And I don’t drink so much cause, well, I find that most alcohol available at parties is shit. Blerk. I’d much rather a coke than a beer any day.

Although, interesting conversations come up when I hang around dad’s friends. Also, you learn some interesting things. Like that I was apparently conceived at Hanging Rock. Heh. No wonder I’m so damn creepy.

Also had a conversation with some people about which girls I would sleep with. The list didn’t turn out to be a surprise. Angelina Jolie, Keira Knightly and Eliza Duskhu were the ones that came to mind.

Then they put on the Queer as Folk soundtrack and I ran away the find the CD’s owner. We then discussed QAF in detail til I was dragged away. (Her favourite character was Mikey. I’m a Brian/Justin/Emmett girl myself.)

Today, dad, Gwen and I went up to the Byron Bay markets. Didn’t find anything really that I wanted. We could have headed into town, but it’s school holidays, so Byron would have been swarming with teeny boppers. Oh well. It’s not like I’ve never been there before.

Waa! I’m dying from writing.com isolation! Hmmm, is that really possible? Hope not, or in two weeks they’ll find my bleached bones on the side of the road. (I can almost hear Giles’ voice in my head. ‘Don’t be silly, Circe. It takes more than two weeks to bleach bones.’)

Can I say that I miss danika, Rae and Sena is Spider-Girl! painfully? I can? Good. Then I will. I miss them painfully! It’s horrible! I. Want. My. Girls.

Bah, I’m dropping Literature so I’ll be able to finish this year. Or else I’d be screwed.

The last few days the rain hasn’t let up, so we’ve just been watching videos. The count now stands at Tomb Raider, Charlies Angels (twice! My poor brain!), The Ninth Gate (Johnny Depp is my Sex God), My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Fallen, and for tomorrow I have Ghost World, The Hours (must see Christian Coulson!) Bandit Queen, Mists of Avalon (*love*) and… err, not sure. But this is extremely boring now.

Heh, did get a chance to read Sena’s diary just before. She said something like ‘Circe’s written a lot more entries than me. Why is that? Maybe I just have less issues…’ *giggles* nope. My many more entries I think can be added up to blind babbling, my dear girl. *schnoogles Sena*

Pout. Want Niki to write more journal entries! Want Raen to get a journal. I’m such a voyeur.

Oh, White Flag’s playing. *thinks happy D/L thoughts*

I made it Raen’s turn in Heirs: Veritas. And since we have no plot yet, she should be very confused *steeples fingers evilly* Eeeexxxxxceeeellent.

6 October

Today I’m going to visit someone in a fundamentalist Christian town. Yeah, I know. Horrible! Dad warned me to curb myself back a bit. A bit? How about a lot?? Seriously, I can’t were any jewellery, because everything I have is Pagan: Pentagrams, Ankhs, Goddess Axe, Balinese demons, Sacred Egyptian Scarab. And I had to change my trousers because they had demonised Angels on the arse. (Those bottechelli angels are so much better with vampire fangs, horns and red eyes.) also must try not to burst out with anything like ‘Oh my God!’ or, worse, ‘Jesus Fucking Christ!’ This is bad. My foot likes to live in my mouth. Will just endeavour to say nothing. Okay, will be back later. We’re off now.

Later…

Phew. Managed to avoid the bible bashers. Instead went to a Tea Tree garden/forest/statues place. Was very pretty…and filled with insane wanting my flesh mozzies! Apparently, I must have really high quality blood, because things love me. Fleas, mozzies, leeches, they all go for me! Seriously, you could be standing next to me naked, and covered in flashing neon ‘Bite me!’ signs, and they’d still go for me. Must be the whole past-life-as-a-vampire thing; gives me nice blood.

Then we spent hours in antique stores till I thought my brain would explode. Pretty things I can’t afford do not make me a happy shopper.

Dad just came in to my room before:

Dad: what do you want for your birthday?
Me: A million dollars.
Dad: Alright. It’s yours. And what do you want from me for you birthday?
Me: …

I have no idea. He wants me to go pick something out for my late birthday, but I’m not sure what to get. I mean, I don’t want to pick out something expensive cause then I’ll feel like a bitch.

I dunno. I figure, my birthday was a month ago, either give me a present then-ish or don’t bother. I mean, what’s the point of a birthday present this late? It’s not really a birthday present, is it? It’s just a random thing that I’m being given. I think there’s a cut off date for b’day presents. A present within the week, or just not at all. But then, there were some really nice swords downtown…

8 October

Doing homework. Blerk. Why the hell do the Greeks has so many unspellable, unpronounceable words?? Grrr.

I’m the only one here at the moment. Dad and Gwen are both at work. Gwen’s in Lismore doing her corporate thing, and dad’s in Nimbin at the garage. He works for the NRMA at the moment. For you Americans, of all non-Aussies I guess, that’s the…err, National Road Mechanics A-no idea. I’m making all that up. I have no idea what it stands for. They’re the folks you call when you lock your keys out of the car, or fuck up you engine. *shrugs*

Anyway, I’m about to walk into town when I’m done here. I’ve never walked from here into Nimbin. Gwen said it’s a forty minute walk, and I can hitch a ride back with dad.

I’ve been pretty lucky with the weather recently. It’s hasn’t been boiling to death while I’ve been here (luckily!) and the rain has just stopped yesterday. So it v. sunny. Pout. I’ll have to put on sunscreen before I go. (The only thing I hate about being a redhead- I burn so easily!)

Talked to mum on the phone last night and she said it hasn’t rained there I left.

Hello? Weather Magnet, table 4!

Lucky I like the rain better than the sun, huh? What’s the Garbage song? ‘I’m only happy when it rains.’

Oh yeah, did you know that Johnny Depp is absolutely fucking gorgeous? Yeah, I kind went and say PotC again yesterday. Addicted.

AHH! A bird just smacked into the kitchen window! Pip (they dog) went insane barking and yapping, and trying to jump up on the bench and eat the poor thing. Poor baby. After about 10 minutes it flew away. I hope it’s okay…

11pm

Never again! *shakes head* I will never walk into Nimbin again!! It was horrible. HORRIBLE, I tell you!

Anyway, I left here and began walking in and, because I’m stupid, I didn’t put on sunscreen. So I’m walking and there is no shade on the way! There about two clumps of trees. Waaa. I got almost halfway and thought ‘Oh my God, I’m going to die here and they’re going to find my body in a week.’ Then, just when I thought I’d drop dead, dad pulled up in the NRMA Rav 4 like a navy blue overall-wearing Saviour.

Dad: Hi. Having fun?
Me: *general sounds of dying*
Dad: Just got a call. Want to get in and come with me?
Me: *general sounds of ‘I’m saved!’*

Got in Rav 4. Rav 4 has air-conditioning. Circe alive. The Rav 4’s called Alice. Yeah, from Alice in Wonderland. Not sure why. The tow-truck is called Fluffy.

Me: Fluffy??
Dad: Yeah. You know Harry Potter?
Me: Oh, that Fluffy. *pause* Why?
Dad: Cause it’s an evil fucking thing.
Me: Got it.

They’ve even got a stuffed Fluffy toy on the dashboard. Very cute. So I went up to a person’s place with him, and then we drove back to Nimbin. Dad gave me $50.

Me: *googly eyes* I already have money!
Dad: And now you have more.
Me: Cool!
Dad: Just don’t use it for Heroin.
Me: Darn.

In three hours wandering the streets was only approached by three people offering me drugs. Was impressed. One of them was an old lady and it kind of threw me.

Old Lady: You looking for a little something?
In-My-Head Me: Wait, shouldn’t you be baking cookies? Or knitting?
Me: Err, no thanks.

Had a nice lunch then spent three hours in two shops. (Hey, there isn’t much to do in Nimbin.) told one of the women in the shop that I was visiting my dad:

Lady: Who’s you dad?
Me: Carl. Carl He-
Lady: Oh, Carl. From the garage.

Dad’s a staaaar! Okay, fine, maybe it’s just a small town. So she gave me a discount on the stuff I bought from her: A big pentacle (yes, another one.) and a bumper sticker that says ‘Obviously you’ve mistaken me for someone who gives a fuck.’ Heh. I plan to put it on my dorm room door.

9 October

hmm. I have homework to do. Soo, which of the following do you think I’m actually doing?

a) Homework
b) Reading Oscar Wilde
c) Breeding rare ostriches

If you guessed A, then you’re obviously have high hopes for me. If you guessed C, then you have strange ideas of what a person does with their time. If you guessed B, go you. Yeah, I’m reading The Picture of Dorian Grey. But I’m getting really annoyed, because the image in my mind of Dorian is sooo close to being recognisable as someone, but I couldn’t tell you who. I think it’s- no, *thinks more* *stares at book* *thinks more* No, It’s som- wait! I know, it’s Lestat! *frowns* What the…

Anyway, went in Lismore today looking for

*Bullet* Music

*Bullet* Silver chain

*Bullet* Oliphants

Was rather successful, except for that last one which proved to be a problem. Apparently, Lismore’s running low on them.

Went to a CD store with a list of music I haven’t been able to find at home. I hoped that I’d be able to get one of them maybe. Got there to find that they had every single one. So then I had the unexpected problem that I had to pick one! Ended up grabbing Aimee Mann *schnoogle* and Maroon 5 *more than schnoogle*. Although, since I knew about Maroon 5 before they were popular, I feel like I need to justify myself to people. ‘No, I swear I’m not copping out! I always liked them!’ *shrugs* they are still very cool.

Oh, question here? Why is everything, in every clothes shop, pink? I do not wear pink. I don’t think anyone should wear pink. And why does this seasons colour seem to be hideous blue and puke brown together. Is this some kind if joke? I will wear NOTHING, before I were those disgusting colours.

Okay, I’m going to go read Lesta- I mean, Dorian Grey.

10 October

I’m listening to Savage Garden. Yeah. It’s not mine though, dad bought it today. I subtly schnoogle Sarah Mclouglan CD’s in the hopes that he’d buy them, but no luck. Sigh. Subtle hints aren’t going to work are they?

Got mum some Darell Lea liquorice and candies, and I got my brat of a brother a pair of binoculars.

Sigh. I wish I’d been into this dairy writing thing in NZ! I’ve never been a diary writer, and now I seem to be. It’s weird, and just sort of suddenly happened.

Hmmm, I’m kind hungry. *thinks* oh. That would be because it’s 3pm and I haven’t eaten anything. Well. I should probably do that. Mum’s gonna call tonight to say ‘hey’ and maybe more.

Later, oh journal o’ mine.

11 October

You know, I do not think that ‘small role’ is defined as ‘on screen for a grand total of five seconds where to have to squint to see them in the background.’ Oh yeah. Should I explain what the fuck I’m on about? Tonight I watched The Hours, which was actually a really good movie. Nicole Kidman’s nose did a really nice job. No, I’m kidding around. I liked the synchronicities between the three women. I also liked the lesbian overtones that pervaded all three.

Anyway, I DID have a point. And that point is this: I was told, but some evil being, that Christian Coulson (aka. Tom Riddle) had a small role. Yeah right. His role consisted of being in one scene where he said nothing and didn’t even get a clear shot. Actually, lucky that he didn’t have a bigger role, or I would have Squeed to loudly. Tends to distracted being when I suddenly go ‘SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! TOM RIDDLE SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!’ I can’t imagine why…

I talked to my aunt Ginny on the phone today about my portfolio.

Ginny: Circe? Is that you on here?
Me: Yeah.
Ginny: You do know who she is, don’t you?
Me: Yeah, I do.

And I think she wondered why I would choose the name of someone so evil. so here is my long winded explanation:

Why ‘Circe’?

Why did I choose the name Circe? Circe is the enchantress in The Odyssey. She is the witch/goddess who enchants Odyessus and turns his men into animals. She cops a pretty mean rep, but then what powerful woman in History doesn’t? No woman who held any power has ever been seen to be a good person. And Circe had the power. She was an immensely strong and powerful woman. So, of course, she is branded as evil. She flaunts her magic and her sexuality, and is shunned for it.

They actually believe now that Circe was probably originally a Goddess of the earth much like Demeter or Persephone. But, because of her darker nature, she became the stereotypical witch. She certainly wasn’t the innocent virginal daughter like Persephone, stolen against her will. And she wasn’t the motherly figure like Demeter. Hell, she wasn’t even the chaste figure like Artemis. She was a seductress. She revelled in that. Is it any wonder how history treated her?

Also, because of where her island, Aeaea, was situated, she was also believed to be a keeper of the gateway to the dead. She was the keeper of the opening to the underworld, as well as a keeper of secret knowledge. Aeaea was supposedly at the very edge of the world, as far from civilisation as possible.

So, here we have a women who was beautiful, seductive, powerful, who refused to bend to any man’s will, and who refused to be subdued, or to live within societies constraints for women. Really, I’d be shocked if she hadn’t been branded evil! A male society could never let a women like Circe have her influence.

So, yeah, that’s why I choose to be Circe. Because she is one of mythologies most powerful women. She stands side by side with the likes of Lilith, Morgan Le Fay and Medusa. Goddesses and women beholden to no man. Circe answers to no-one.


Heh. I’m introducing my aunt to Slash. Can everyone say ‘go me’? Yep, record this everyone. Another person’s corruption chalked up to me. Mwa mwa. I will rule the world with Slash! I figure I’ll give her a group of sites of Slash libraries. Pity I don’t know as many good femme-slash sites as some. Oh well, I figure this list is:

Lord of the Rings: Library of Moria (http://www.libraryofmoria.com/) The BEST lotr Slash site. As far as I know the ONLY Lotr site dedicated completely to Slash. This place has one of the best Eowyn/Arwen fics I’ve ever read. And I wish I could remember its name to link it! I do have a soft spot for Arwen/Eowyn. Eowyn’s my girl. Also, soooo much Legolas/Aragorn that I could die of happiness!

Pirates of the Caribbean: Parley: (http://www.libraryofmoria.com/tempparley/index.html)
I haven’t had a chance to read much here yet. I only just discovered it soon before I had to leave. It’s run by the same people as Library of Moria, so it’s pretty darn good. Sigh. I have a Jack/Will fetish since seeing that movie. I mean, come on! They’re as obvious as Legolas/Aragorn, or Draco/Harry! Hmmm, or is it just that I find Slash in everything? yeah. Might be. Also, Parley has some Elizabeth/Anamaria, which is very cool. Pirate chick Slash! (Really, just a cheap rip off of Eliza/Kieron *grins*)

Harry Potter: Noire Sensus: (http://www.black-waltz.net/noiresensus/bookshelf/harrypotter/index.html)
A pretty good site, but not the best. Honestly, I have trouble finding good HP slash. Pout. This is why I need to write so much! But it has some good stuff.

Schnoogle: (http://www.schnoogle.com/) not technically a Slash site, but a HP novel length fiction site. Some amazing stuff. Hell, Cassie Claire’s Draco Trilogy (http://www.schnoogle.com/authorLinks/Cassandra_Claire) is far better than the real HP series! But that’s not Slash, so let’s move on (Yes, be shocked. I do read things that aren’t slash!)

Fiction Alley (http://www.fictionalley.org/) come on, this is the HP fan fic site. All the different sections, for all the different types. If you want the slash, you’ll just have to seek it out at this place.

Hmm, if anyone reading this knows some good Slash sites, could you send me the link?

I go home on Wednesday. Sigh. The time always goes so quickly up here! oh well, it’ll be nice to get back to mum. I miss her. What a good little girl I am, missing my mummy. Ah, I can’t help it. She’s one of my bestest friends and I therefore miss her. Anyone who doesn’t like it can get fucked. *pokes out tongue*

Last night I had a dream that danika and I were getting married. It was bizarre. And some guy came to the wedding, got up on the table, and yelled ‘Lesbians are Evil!’ Then he did a dance. So I stabbed him in the eye with one of those little umbrellas. Uh, yeah, I don’t have a violent temperament…

Um, I’ll finish this entry by urging everyone to buy Aimee Mann’s Lost In Space. I bought it the other day and I haven’t stopped listening to it since! It rocks! I may not have liked the last two seasons of Buffy, but I’m glad for the musicians who played on it. That how I discovered Aimee Mann. Thanks Buffy Seasons That I’m Pretending Didn’t Exist!

[Subliminal] Buy Aimee Mann…And grapes. [/subliminal]


Date: 12th October
Time: 2.48pm
Listening to:Darling It Hurts, Magic Dirt
Reading: Dorian Gray
Mood: relaxed


What you think of my diary entry thingy? Yeah, I liked the way Livejournal had those on every entry, but I much prefer to write here, so that’s my compromise. Go me.

Anyway, just writing this entry because, well, I can. So there. I feel the need to write in here everyday recently. I want to have a record later on, you know? I like that.

Eik. My aunt’s going to be reading danika and my pirate campfire. *bites nails* hope she likes it. I mean, you’d have to love Danika’s bits: she’s a bloody brilliant writer! But I’m not so sure about mine… okay, nervous now.

Ahhh. I’m simply DYING to post for North Island! I need to get home and do it! Sigh. It’s annoying cause it’s written and sitting there staring at me evilly. Which means that I keep going back and adding stuff. It’s gonna be to long when I get home! And I’ve also got lots of Diantha/Luthe to send to aarna. Oh, and I have to send it to daisycat too. Must remember that.

Mum: You need to make some new friends.
Me: Why?
Mum: because you’re very anti-social.
Me: So are you.
Mum: Yes, but that’s not the point.
Me: And I AM social. I’ll have you know I’m a freaking social butterfly on writing.com
Mum: Yes, but they’re not real people.
Me: Yes, they are.
Mum: No, not really.
Me: So, they’re ghosts? Figments of my imagination?
Mum: You know perfectly well what I mean.

Yeah, that’s was the phone convo the other night. But I do have friends on here, and I like them much better than people in the real world mostly! Writing.com people are a different breed. I mean, I have my people on here whom I know in real life (danika Sena is Spider-Girl! aarna marigold daisycat elliet) And I have the people I only know online. (auric synamabunz Professor Q Aum and everyone else who’s username alludes me at the moment.) See: Not Anti Social. Only anti social in the so-called Real World. Blerk.

Time: 7pm

…and more videos. Picked up The Shipping News and The Gift, both have Cate Blanchett. God, I love her. She rocks so very much *Waves tiny Australian flag* had a conversation about this with Quaddy a while ago.

Me: Yay! Miranda Otto’s Australian. *is proud*
Quaddy: So, why are you proud? Eliah’s American, so is Viggo…

But what I think she doesn’t get, is that Australia doesn’t have that many brilliant actors. So when one of them makes it big, I can’t help but feel proud of the fact that they’re from here. I mean, America has hundreds of big stars. It’s their huge movie industry. Our industry in smaller and can’t support that many. So, I love that Lord of the Rings has so many Australians and New Zealanders. A way to showcase our best. Cate, Miranda, Hugo Weaving, Karl Urban, David Wenham… So I say Go Them! Helps that I worship Hugo Weaving. Yep, he’ll be the only reason I see the next Matrix, and the only reason I saw the last one.

Anyway, also picked up Catch Me If You Can. Yes, I do fear Leonardo DiCaprio. Oh! Speaking of him, there’s a movie with Amber Benson in it with him! Must. See. Amber. Movie. Now, if only I could remember what it was called…

Also got Spiderman, which gives me the need to sing Weird Al (‘sling us a web, you’re the spiderman…’), My First Mister, a movie I’d never heard of but it has Leelee Sobeski in it. So, of course, I can’t not watch it. I plan to have her star as Sable when Gateway gets made into a movie (*laughs wildly for a few minutes*)

Time: 11.58pm

You know, Leonardo DiCaprio is a better actor than I give him credit for… dammit.



** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

*

"Not the Dread Stilton of Doom! You know what happened last time!"

"What did happen last time?"

"I don't know. I was hiding, but I heard the noises."

Bagenders

*
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

My Fantasy Novel-
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **



** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

*

"Not the Dread Stilton of Doom! You know what happened last time!"

"What did happen last time?"

"I don't know. I was hiding, but I heard the noises."

Bagenders

*
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

My Fantasy Novel-
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2003 Circe (UN: circe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Circe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/261573-Shes-Baaaaaaack