*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/262887-The-merry-go-round
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#262887 added December 7, 2003 at 12:41am
Restrictions: None
The merry-go-round
I've made my life so busy that I have to stop every once in a while to determine if all I'm doing is worth the sacrifices.

I'm a person who likes to enjoy life. A day spent reading a book cover-to-cover feels indulgent to me now, when that has always been something I have loved to do.

Taking a day trip, sitting in a car for several hours for the fun at the other end absolutely delights me. I have to plan in order to be able to do that now, and often, I just can't fit it in.

I enjoy researching my ancestry and discovering the worlds in which my family members have lived.

I get great pleasure from writing my random thoughts in this journal just because it pleases me to do so.

I was talking to a friend last night, a retired ex-coworker of mine, and she was commenting how good it is that I'm so busy. Since my divorce several years ago, I've noticed people say things like that to me a lot.

I don't think people realize that I'm not wallowing in my single status, just trying to get through the day until Mr. Right changes my life!

I love living life. There's so much to see and absorb and enjoy. I don't want to be so busy that I don't have time to take it all in.

I have friends and family whom I love and want to spend as much time with as I can.

People say if they won the lottery, they would have to continue working, just to keep busy and feel useful. Are they crazy? There's so much to explore and share with the people you love. Why continue working for more money when there's so much else you can accomplish.

I need to make a vow to myself. For the time I have left on my thesis (until the end of the summer), I need to make it a priority to spend one weekend a month without work. That may take more organization of my life than I already have, but surely I can do it! Perhaps then, I won't be this damn tired all the time trying to fit in moments of fun amidst all the work!

© Copyright 2003 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/262887-The-merry-go-round