*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/266826-Absurdities-of-the-Female-Mind
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#266826 added December 7, 2003 at 12:09am
Restrictions: None
Absurdities of the Female Mind
The holidays are approaching. That means lots of yummy food at the endless luncheons at work. I told myself that I will watch the portions I eat. I will absolutely not get carried away with all the desserts.

Ok, so I couldn't help myself since they were all laid out in front of me. For Pete's sake, people were moaning in pleasure as they gobbled up the goodies!

So, I'd make up for it. I ate a Lean Cuisine meal for dinner. I felt like a martyr. I was really making a tremendous sacrifice in light of my wickedness at lunch. It was deserving and fitting punishment. And, after all, it really will help to destroy the 20 pounds I've carefully packed on since I was in my early twenties.

I still have the size 5 jeans that perfectly fit on one thigh. Soon, I can just imagine myself lying on the bed and struggling with the zipper, anxiously awaiting triumph...

With a little self-sacrifice (ha ha!) and discipline (eyes rolling), it could happen. Well, that is, if I didn't then raid the pantry in search of chocolate for a late night snack. Coming up empty-handed, my hand finally searched out the answer...Nestles chocolate chip morsels...pathetic, but wow, did they ever taste sinful!

© Copyright 2003 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/266826-Absurdities-of-the-Female-Mind