*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/273437-Short-Biography-of-Me
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#273437 added January 20, 2004 at 12:36am
Restrictions: None
Short Biography of Me
I recently realized that each time I enter into someone's portfolio, the first thing I look for is some kind of background about a person. I have no idea why this is important, but maybe it just satisfies my nosiness! However, I also realized that I don't have any information like that in my own portfolio, so I figured I better feed the nosy minds of others just to be fair...

I like dogs better than most people.

My family and friends are the most important part of my life.

I sing in the car (though I turn the radio up really loud so that I don't have to hear myself!).

I'm divorced, sad for going through the experience but not bitter.

I like dressing up to go somewhere special, like the theater, but I'm more comfortable wearing jeans and heading to the pub to play pool.

I've learned not to judge people. We have all faced different challenges, and you never know how you will react to a given set of circumstances (even though you swear you might be different).

I don't like to compromise and will only do so when I've ehausted every possibility of getting my way.

I'm a cynical idealist. I wish for happiness for everyone, but I think man is too easily corrupted.

I love to dance. I would really like to learn how to salsa.

I believe in God, but organized religion makes me uneasy.

I really enjoy playing golf, even though my ineptitude at it is basically humiliating.

I love knowledge and learning, but I don't feel that intellect measures a man. I believe intelligence is measured by more than a simple knowledge of facts.

I hate housekeeping; therefore, I must always make enough money to hire help!

I have no desire to ever be rich. Well-off would be nice, but I do not believe money buys happiness, and I honestly don't want to enter the world of people who value money as a definition of character.

I am a procrastinator even though it stresses me to put things off.

I believe we are ruled by a combination of fate and determination. Some things happen that are out of our control, but we choose how those circumstances will change or define us.

I'm a Pisces. I'm not sure about the meaning behind the alignment of the moon, the stars, and the planets, but I do know that the description fits me fairly well. And, I do have a rather complicated theory of how that could be so...

I love music, but I wish I had some kind of musical talent.

I love books. I was the kid who had to have a limit on the number I could buy on book fair days (for those of you who are old enough to remember what book fairs were!).

My nickname was "Tag" when I was a kid because I used to tag along wherever my older brother went (much to his frustration!).

I have a shyness and reserve about me, but my friends have to think hard to remember that I was like that when they first met me.

I'm a Daddy's Girl, although my mother and I have our own special bond as well.

I sometimes feel that the world touches me too much and wish that I could care less.

© Copyright 2004 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/273437-Short-Biography-of-Me