*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277010-Particular-details-that-bore-me
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#277010 added February 10, 2004 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
Particular details that bore me
What started all this detail-minded thought...dieting. How boring. Maybe I do need to be rich after all so that I can have a chef to prepare all my healthy and tasty meals. I don't want to count calories or carbs or fat content. I don't want to exercise 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week. However, I hate chub!

Now, I can make a good plan. I can be sensible for brief periods of time when I concentrate. But, mostly, that just irritates my life. I like to do what I want, when I want, and the way I want to do it. I realize that is very childlike of me; I can absolutley accept that about myself. That doesn't mean I want to clutter my brain with mundane things.

I'm okay with cutting back here and there. I even like doing active things. I simply don't want to follow some plan etched in stone. But, apparently, the age of 30 doesn't care what I want. It's this menacing giant that laughs when I eat Girl Scout cookies. It chuckles when I stop at 4 or 5 instead of eating the whole box. It sneers when I try on 3 different pairs of pants in the morning. Regardless of its mocking, I have to give in to its powerful bullying; the other option is to become just another casualty to pudge!

© Copyright 2004 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277010-Particular-details-that-bore-me