*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277163-Kid-Rock-rocks-in-the-Country-world
by Zaring
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #809654
A journal for my life. Inspired by Wannabe's DWC.
#277163 added March 6, 2004 at 3:39pm
Restrictions: None
Kid Rock, rocks in the Country world!
Let me just start by saying, I love music! I listen to rock, pop, classical, jazz, country, Christian rock, oldies, anything with a hammer dulcimer. Basically if it has a nice tone, tune or melody...I like it.

Lately though, I’ve been really getting back into Country music. What? I live in Texas. Don‘t look at me that way!

Kenney Chesney appears to be a very popular dude these days. The songs he’s been recording with Kid Rock, rock. (That’s not a typo.)

Then I noticed Kid Rock performing with other Country artists...I couldn’t help but wonder, What is going on here? Kid Rock is all over the country music station these days. I have to admit, he sounds awesome!

Last week I heard that Kenney Chesney is going to be in concert here, on June 4th, or 5th...I’m not sure now. Not that I would go to the concert But, my curiosity flared when they said he was bringing Uncle Kracker with him.

I thought; Uncle Kracker? Who the heck is Uncle Kracker? Never heard of him.

Tonight on my way home from work, I heard the commercial for the concert again. This time, they played an excerpt of “When the sun goes down.” I’m thinking, “That sounds like Kid Rock again.” What the heck is going on here, did Kid Rock change his name? Better yet, had Kid Rock gone country???

I rushed into the house and loaded my home page. First I went to 99.5 The Wolf, where I heard the commercial nothing about Uncle Kracker there.

Then I went to Kenney Chesney’s home page. I did admit before, that I could be somewhat slow at times right? That's where I pulled up Kenney’s new CD and sure as anything, on the CD it show’s “When the sun goes down” recorded with Uncle Kracker. I was certain that it was Kid Rock! Proving I was still sane at this point was a must, my son had already started to worry I was losing it.

OK, the only thing left to do was to pull up Kid Rock’s home page. Why I hadn’t thought of that earlier is beyond me! I typed in Kid Rock and began my search. I was amazed when I found his new CD, titled “Uncle Kracker is back.”

Back? What did he mean, back? Has he been Uncle Kracker before? Has he done the country music scene before? What rock did I just crawl out from under?

I’m so confused!!!


Commercial break:


Please join us tomorrow as we discuss toilet seats! What? It’s not what you think!
© Copyright 2004 Zaring (UN: ginafry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Zaring has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277163-Kid-Rock-rocks-in-the-Country-world