*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/278608-Addicted-to-Writing
by Zaring
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #809654
A journal for my life. Inspired by Wannabe's DWC.
#278608 added March 6, 2004 at 7:24pm
Restrictions: None
Addicted to Writing
Well, I didn’t win the lottery last night so I guess I have to keep working. Darn!

I don’t want to work anymore. I just want to write! I love writing, but I never have the time to write like I want to these days.

I look at my novel sitting there collecting dust. I want to start chapter 8, but it requires so much energy. I am a little low on energy these days. I think to myself, well maybe tomorrow. But the tomorrows come and go and I never get around to picking up where I left off.

Today I will do my writing assignment, write a letter and then do my part in the campfire. Then I will do laundry, the dishes, vacuum the floor, walk the dog, clean the bathroom...Yeah, sure I will.

My butt has formed itself to this chair and we all know it! I’m addicted to the keyboard and monitor. It’s not a bad addiction really. Since my back is to the rest of the house, it doesn’t bother me that the dust is an inch thick.

Of course, my child has requested that I leave the screen at some point for dinner and a movie. Or something, anything...

In his next breath he told me I needed a hobby. He caught his error almost the moment it came out of his mouth.

“A hobby other than writing mom. You know, like something outside. Or bowling or going shopping...”

I admit the addiction is getting a little out of control.

A few days ago, I broke a nail. The old me would have raced straight to the nail salon immediately after work to get it repaired. A broken nail, I can’t be seen with a broken nail! How tacky!

But instead, I raced home to get on the computer and start writing. I am still sitting here with a broken nail.

Last Sunday was the Daytona 500. Now, everyone knows I’m a major NASCAR fan. Could I sit on the couch and watch the race like most people do? NOOOOO...I had to scroll during the race. This is just crazy.

Last night I completed my writing assignment and got it submitted just before deadline. I was relieved that I was still on schedule, but it jacked my scrolling time. I was up until 2:30 scrolling and chatting.

Did I hear my cell phone ring at 4:00am when my dear graveyard guy tried to call me about a fuel delivery worry? No! (I’m sorry Ben!)

Luckily he’s an intelligent chap and called and inquired about the load that had just been delivered. Thank goodness there was no issue at all. It was just a screw up in paperwork and all was well. He sent me an e-mail to fill me in.

This morning, I let my dog out and then logged on to Writing.com. I was still in my pajamas and hadn’t even had a cup of coffee yet.

I answered some IM’s and checked out scroll. Thankfully, one of my friends called me and chatted while I got dressed and went to QT for cappuccino. I couldn’t type and talk at the same time. But I could talk and drive at the same time...java...yum! I think if she hadn’t called, I would have forgone my Saturday morning cappuccino. What has gotten in to me?

Why did I even bother buying a couch? Oh yeah, the cat and dog needed a softer place to lie down. My son sits there occasionally as well. But me? I’m thinking about buying a softer desk chair...
© Copyright 2004 Zaring (UN: ginafry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Zaring has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/278608-Addicted-to-Writing