*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/280974-A-road-accident
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing.Com · #825045
I shall be coming in here to record some impressions and thoughts.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#280974 added March 8, 2004 at 11:21pm
Restrictions: None
A road accident
It seems kinda weird to start a jounal with a gory accident, but I am imagining it, so worry not. Here goes a description:

I sat at my writing desk, lost in a make-believe world of mages and witches, wizards and elves, dragons and pixies - when a sudden noise impinged on my ears: it was an indescribable combination of a bang, a screech and a wail put together. For the briefest of brief moments I thought I had imagined it, but it was soon followed by the collective sound of over a dozen voices, both male and female. They all seemed to emanate from the road two stories below.

Being the invalid lump of humanity that I am, I realised that it would be impossible for me to drag myself from the writing desk to the window, nearly 3 metres away, without my wife's help: and she had just left to go to the market to make some food purchases ... just left ...oh no! Could she ...? I was suddenly gripped by fear; it was as if a vise was around my neck and it was shutting off my supply of oxygen (blessed oxygen that came to me through a pipe attached to a reservoir just behind my wheel-chair).

I shook off the panic that was now welling up in my chest and threatened to choke me. I tried to listen to the sounds wafting up from the road through the open window. I heard some snippets of clear conversation plus some sounds of shouting and screaming -

"Okay, bring her out slowly!"
"Hey, watch it ..."
"... looks as if it's broken!"
"Call them ..."
"Must be her last!"
"Yeech ... look at that goo!"

It took all my courage to stay calm and to pick up my mobile phone and call up Meera, my wife, on her mobile. Her chirpy voice instantly came on the line.

"Of course, I am all right! Why? What happened?"

"Er ... ah ...sorry, I was worried," I said with as much stillness in my voice as I could muster, as I wiped off tears from my eyes with the free hand.

Later, I learnt that the accident had involved a sow which had run out into the road and right in front of a bicycle; the item that was broken was the bicycle. The last thing the dialogue referred to was something else I never found out about.

Talk of imagination!

- ##Dr.Taher##

My signature for Writing.com

** Image ID #797287 Unavailable **

Check out:

"Medical Matters: Pediatrics and Other
"Invalid Item
"Trying

I do not suffer from insanity. I positively enjoy every moment living it!

© Copyright 2004 Dr Taher writes again! (UN: drtaher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Taher writes again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/280974-A-road-accident