*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/282331-Sundry
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#282331 added March 17, 2004 at 2:43pm
Restrictions: None
Sundry
I abandoned my journal for a while, but not intentionally. Life just gets busy, busier than I'd like it to be. One of my grad courses is giving me fits. It's nothing but a bunch of busywork; it's time-consuming and it has no value. Unfortunately, the instructor is on my thesis committee, so I'm just trying to suck it up and be a good little trooper.

My birthday came and went. It was nice but rather uneventful. Some people at work went all out, students and teachers alike, so that was rather flattering, and I went to happy hour for a bit after work. I ended the night with dinner with those people who were responsible for my birthday, so it was nice hanging out with the folks considering the occassion.

The next night I went to my friends' house, the Salvos, and we had a good old-fashioned campfire going in the backyard with lots and lots of beer, and the guys pulled out the guitars for some fun campfire music. That turned rather comical as Mike and I tried desperately in our drunken state to recall all the words to "Against the Wind." Had any sober person looked in on us, the sight would have been either hilarious or pathetic, depending on the person's sense of humor!

An exciting update is that an old friend of mine contacted my recently about a cruise he's taking in October with a group of friends. I haven't seen Charles in several years now, and he's absolutely hysterical, so my friend Tiffany and I have decided to go along. I've never been on a cruise before, and I've heard that going in a group is a lot more fun, so I'm really excited about the trip. Also, it falls over Halloween weekend, so we get to have a costume party on the ship and I love to dress up! I'm hoping the trip will be my graduation present to myself (if I ever get this damned thesis finished!).

© Copyright 2004 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/282331-Sundry