*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/294862-Wheres-my-humor
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#294862 added June 16, 2004 at 3:28pm
Restrictions: None
Where's my humor?
One thing I've always had in abundance is a sense of humor, maybe too much of one if that's possible. It takes very little for me to find amusement. If it's not readily available, I'll create some. I love to laugh. A good laugh is one of the best highs in life.

I've had some things to be cranky about lately, but not really enough to knock my sense of humor out of whack. Maybe I need to get to the bottom of this...

I'm not going to finish my master's until the fall even though I was on schedule to complete it this summer. The school didn't provide a course I needed, so that's got me a bit ticked off.

My grandmother's here, and her health is not all that great. She's getting old, and for the first time, it shows. To compound that issue, having people around me right now is irritating me. I want some peace and quiet, but instead I'm listening to all court TV shows all day. So, I stay up all night when the house is quiet, only to wake up with my grandmother commenting on how I've been sleeping the day away...urghhh!!! Then, I feel guilty for being irritated at my elderly grandmother whom I really do love and I'm not sure how much longer I'll have her.

One of my friends is having health problems that's had her in the emergency room a couple of times the last two weeks, and they can't find anything wrong. I feel guilty for assuming it's stress (once again) instead of giving her the proper amount of sympathy.

My dad's been acting kinda weird, and it's got me a little worried.

I'm worried about my future friendship with a male friend. I think it's in jeopardy, but it's not in my control, and it makes me sad. It's not my part that I'm worried about, and it frustrates me not to be able to make the situation easier for him.

One of my friends moved last weekend, and it bummed me out more than I thought it would. I'm down to one last single friend who lives in the same city as me, and my married friends I most enjoy spending time with live out of town, as well.

I figured out my money situation, and it's going to be two years before I can afford to buy a house, and I'm getting antsy. I'm comfortable living at home, but I want my own things again.

I guess I do have some reason for being a little down, but feelings of depression are pretty unfamiliar to me. I feel like I'm wasting my summer being bummed out; I'm thinking I need to just get out of town for a few days. Maybe if I find some peace, I'll find my humor once again!

© Copyright 2004 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/294862-Wheres-my-humor