*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/295688-Lotto-mania
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#295688 added June 23, 2004 at 2:08am
Restrictions: None
Lotto mania
I bought my first Lotto ticket this past Saturday. We got the lottery about 13 years ago in Texas, and I had no idea how to buy a ticket. I'm never going to be rich with slacker behavior like that!

I was on my way to the Salvo's house when K.B. reminded me that the pot was 140+ million and told me I had to buy a ticket. I kept her on the phone so she could walk me through my first experience into the legal gambling scheme. I fumbled through my first experience like an awkward virgin and walked out beaming about my pending wealth.

So, we planned to watch the news at 10:00 to see if we won. We started discussing all the things we'd do if we won that much money. Of course, the job-quitting was the first order of business. (I really don't understand those people who say, "Oh, I would have to keep working or I'd go crazy.")

Next, we discussed how much money we would give each other if one of us had the winning ticket. We tried to figure out how much money we really needed before we would never have to work again. With 140 mil, we could afford to be generous with our friends.

We went on to describe our homes we would own, how many we would have, and the vacations we would take. Building a private golf course was just one of the many appealing ideas we had for our entertainment.

When 10:00 rolled around, we talked about going in to find out if we were millionnaires. We decided not to check. It was more fun spending the rest of the night wondering and hoping than it would have been to find out that, shockingly, we lost. But, I have to say, those hours when we were potential millionnaires were awesome!

© Copyright 2004 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/295688-Lotto-mania