*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/296027-What-I-wanted-to-be-as-a-kid-And-what-I-am
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing.Com · #825045
I shall be coming in here to record some impressions and thoughts.
#296027 added June 25, 2004 at 11:51pm
Restrictions: None
What I wanted to be as a kid. And what I am.
I do not recollect exactly when my thoughts about what I wanted to become crystallised in my mind. Perhaps it was as early as at the age of five or six when I was busy playing with "doctor sets". Or maybe when I began to score consistently high in Math and Science and biology began to fascinate me. I really cannot remember.

I do remember with certainty, however, that I never wanted to be anyone else. Period.

It was with joy that I welcomed my high school certification results, where I had scored sufficiently high to enter the Science stream. Dissecting earthworms, cockroaches and so on nauseated me, and I developed an unknown apathy towards wielding the knife. It is also relevant to point out that I was clumsy at dissection. The teacher would ask to expose the nervous system of the roach, and I would boldly scrape it away with the filth ... so that I failed the test! Time and again, such difficulties made me resolve not to become a Surgeon. Ever.

In medical college too, I used to perform dismally in Anatomy dissection, Clinical Physiology, Histology and any other field where I was called upon to use scissors, knife and other tools. It is quite another matter that academically I continued to excel in the theory and viva, but not in the practicals.

Thus it was that I finally decided to shun the surgical branches of specialisation and began to think about the clinical fields like Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.

My innate love for children finally saw me through to becoming a Pediatrician.

And here I am.

- ##Dr.Taher##

Check out:

"Yes, I Do!: "Married" to W.com
"The Last Prayer
"Trying

I do not suffer from insanity. I positively enjoy every moment living it!

** Image ID #854840 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2004 Dr Taher writes again! (UN: drtaher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Taher writes again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/296027-What-I-wanted-to-be-as-a-kid-And-what-I-am