*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/297525-Vacation-Greed
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#297525 added July 7, 2004 at 8:08pm
Restrictions: None
Vacation Greed
Remember birthdays as a kid? You were so pumped up for the big day. It was your own special day that you didn't have to share with anyone else. Everyone was always nice to you, (no matter what mean things you could think to do). Whatever you wanted to do took precedence over anyone else's wants. But, heaven forbid someone else have the same birthday as you. That was enough to throw you into a tailspin. How could your day be that special if you had to share it?*Angry*

Well, I feel kinda the same about vacation time. It's really low of me, I know.*Blush* I mean, it would be great to have the whole country a little more relaxed, but I love having time off and knowing other people have to work! It makes it my special vacation time. I even snicker when I see them out and about at lunchtime in their professional attire. (Keep in mind teachers never get to leave campus for their thirty-minute lunches). It just reminds me that my job, at this very moment, is awesome!

About this time in the year, I love my job. Hell, who wouldn't? I get two months off. If you can't live in Europe and get 6-8 weeks off to go on holiday, you better become a teacher in the good old U.S. Sure, August through May can be pretty tough, but then June rolls around.

I'm really a bit obssessive about this (as most teachers probably are). Vacation's half over, and I'm starting to panic. Okay, so most people aren't feeling particularly sorry for me since I still have a month to go. Well, they're just jealous...*Pthb* The point is, I'm starting to count down. Two of my weekends are already booked. One is a four-day trip to the coast to stay in a beach house. The other is a four day trip to Chicago, a place I've never been (any suggestions on places to go and see?). I'm totally excited about both trips, but that means that my sit around and do nothing time is drawing to a close!*Confused*

I've never understood those people who say they would have to work even if they had lots of money. I can always find plently to do to keep myself occupied. I'm lucky that I like my job, but given the chance, I would sure give it up to live in my own hedonistic world.

Well, as the trite saying goes, all good things must come to an end, I guess. I think I might be creating problems in lieu of not having any real stress in my life right now. You think?*Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2004 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/297525-Vacation-Greed