*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/301421-This-and-That
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #464720
You supply the reading. I'll supply the writing.
#301421 added August 8, 2004 at 4:14pm
Restrictions: None
This and That
I'm in a bit of a hurry but I also feel like jotting down a few things while I'm in the mood.

I decided from time to time to add the odd post I've made at Writing.Com as my 5th item. Many of you never get to see what I get up to outside my port.

I watched another really bad movie last night. Every so often I catch myself sitting through something terrible...hoping beyond hope that it's bound to get better...but it doesn't. It just gets worse and worse. I don't purposely go out of my way to watch crappy movies. Sometimes it might be because I like one of the stars, or the setting, or find something about it interesting...but the longer I sit there the worse it gets. I remember a few times getting up and leaving halfway through a movie but that was never my idea to go. I guess I'm just too stubborn to leave.

Derek happens to work at the local movie theatre and I can go to any movie I want for free...but I've never taken advantage of that offer. I know other parents have and Heaven knows there's been plenty of movies I would have loved to see but it doesn't seem right, an adult getting in for free coz my son works there. I also find their seats uncomfortable after an hour or so. I'm usually really good that way.

I've sat on straps...not seats but straps...inside a Hercules aircraft for 4 hours, with no windows to look out of, knee to knee with the person sitting directly in front and on either side of me. It was so loud it was impossible to be heard, even by shouting. Now that was fun...but still to me those straps were more comfortable than the movie theatre seats.

Derek sometimes brings me popcorn home. I LOVE movie theatre popcorn. I can't get enough of it. I remember seeing some movies in England in a massive building. There were three theatres, one on top the other! Each of them were huge, with balconies too. You got to watch two movies and if you wanted to you could stay and watch them both over and over again.

It was starting to thunder here not too long ago. The sky got suddenly very dark and the wind picked up and turned the undersides of leaves over. I LOVE it when it does that. I ran outside to do some things and got completely soaked. I'm sitting here now with a towel wrapped around my neck. Of course it's completely stopped now.

My grandmother used to be deathly afraid of thunder and lightning. She'd huddle on her basement stairs until it was over. It's weird what some of us are afraid of. Me...I'm not too big on heights. I'm okay unless I feel that I could actually fall. That's the part that bothers me. Mitchell and I have gone on rides, one was in a cage like ferris wheel type thing. We rotated completely upside down the entire way around. We had braclets so we rode it again and again...until I started to feel kinda sick. That was a first for me on a ride. I don't usually get motion sickness. I can only remember throwing up once but that came out of the blue on an airplane. We had been flying for hours and everything was perfectly fine. Somebody besides me all of a sudden lunged for their barf bag and the next thing I know I was doing the same. I had never experienced a sympathy hurl before. Talk about embarrassing. It actually started a bit of a chain reaction in our part of the aircraft. Ever since then I'm wary if I feel queazy like that.

Speaking of gross memories...(sorry)...I remember when I was in grade four my teacher, (my first male teacher), called me up to his desk for some reason...I don't have a clue what for. I remember suddenly upchucking all over the floor in front of the entire class. I don't have many memories of my time in grade four except that one. Aren't you glad I feel like sharing today?

I noticed in the flyers...(that's what they call the advertisements they leave in my driveway each week. I have no idea what they call them where you live)...anyways I noticed they're already advertising skates! Yuck! Do I hate it when stores do crap like that. Sure I live in Canada but it's the start of August for Heaven's sake. It's beautiful summer weather here. The last thing on my mind is skating. Early Christmas ads bug the Hell out of me too. I once noticed an Avon Christmas ad in September! And morons on the radio that do countdowns till Christmas or the end of the year...at this time of year! What's the big rush? Talk about wishing your life away.

Having said all that I must admit to really loving year round Christmas stores. There's one on the other side of my province I love stopping into. It's weird being surrounded by tourists in shorts and sunglasses and looking at beautiful trees and ornaments. One of my alltime favourite stores in Walt Disney World was the Christmas store (in the complex by the Magic Kingdom entrance...with the paddlewheel nearby). I absolutely loved that complex and especially that store. I'd say we bought a hundred handmade ornaments, both for ourselves and as gifts.

Walt Diseny World was where we went on our honeymoon. I know, I know...but if you're a regular Thumbsucker journal reader it shouldn't come as any surprise that I'm just a big kid. I absolutely LOVE it there. It truly is a magically place. I remember one morning we arrived very early at the park and were approached by another couple who gave us a pair of tickets to a show they couldn't use. It was for the Diamond Horseshoe Review if I'm not mistaken. We got to sit up at one of the booths in the balcony. I didn't realize the comedian liked to pick out folks in the balcony to pick on. My ex loved it but I was horrified. I'm not one that likes to stand out...especially being the butt of honeymoon jokes. (I told her not to draw attention to us when I saw how he was roasting some other couples in the audience but it was too late)

Sheeesh! Would you look at the time! I do tend to ramble don't I?

See ya.

Thumb




"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor

"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor

© Copyright 2004 Thumbsucker (UN: thumbsucker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thumbsucker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/301421-This-and-That