*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/309979-October-11th-2004-Making-the-Word-Count
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#309979 added October 11, 2004 at 7:21pm
Restrictions: None
October 11th, 2004: Making the Word Count
Monday, October 11, 2004

The sun decided to finally reemerge today. After long, miserable days of gray skies, and continuous rain I welcomed its bright, natural light, and gleefully fled from my usual surroundings.

Didn’t do much really, just tanked up the Bourbon, which is my evil nickname for my GMC Suburban. Stopped at the infamous tobacco store and purchased three cartoons of cigarettes just in case the weather decides to get ugly and wet again anytime soon. I took myself to I Hop for brunch. Service sort of sucks, but I see that the waitress is making an effort. I remember when I used to wait tables, and it is not like I am at a five star restaurant so I don’t take offense. I stopped at Walgreen’s to pick up some prescription refills, and see if they have a record of the Vioxx that I was taking in 2001 when I ended up in the hospital with multiple pulmonary embolisms and the doctors had no clue as to why. So I called a law office in New Orleans to try to get me a piece of that pie that I’ll probably be dead by the time it’s divided up. Oh well!

Finally, we have the two Olympic Decathlon events that we have been waiting for, neither of which I am feeling particular inspired about at this very moment. I have time, and I like to give it as much thought as possible before I just jump. I really want to win, or if I can’t at least do the very best I can. I am amazed at how fast some Olympians have already written and placed entries. Whew, I am just not that quick.

I can’t believe it is already October 11th; time seems to just be flying by. It is almost scary. Seems like when my boys were here eating me out of house and home, and annoying the dickens out of me, TIME dragged. I am still learning not to cook so much food. I am so use to no matter how much I cooked that it seemed like it was never enough; now I am throwing leftovers away. Everything is just different. It is an adjustment. The adage, “Old habits die hard.” is more true than I ever realized. I am still buying food in too large a quantity, as well as cooking too much for just my husband and me. It’s wasteful.

Stargate has reruns, and not the good ones. When I finish this day’s entry, I will go watch Law and Order with my husband. My eyes need a rest. I have been writing reviews most of the day. I am still amazed by how many gift points that I can earn. I am going to go look up what a one-year basic membership costs in gift points, and then probably do some kind of essay about how members can earn their own keep with just a little effort. Probably won’t be popular. Maybe, I’ll just leave things alone, if everybody jumps on the feed wagon it will probably get overloaded and collapse then there won’t be any for anybody. That’s a stretch. Talk about finding a reason NOT to write. Ha!

Made my word count. I’m outta here.

© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/309979-October-11th-2004-Making-the-Word-Count