*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312306-What-a-day
Rated: 18+ · Book · None · #488496
Only rule you must follow if you know me: You can't get mad at me for what I write.
#312306 added October 30, 2004 at 4:56am
Restrictions: None
What a day
You know what sucks? Going into work and hearing your boss is leaving and going far away. Well, not far away, but Stoughton's a little out of the way of my usual living circle. Here's what happened.

I come in and everyone's all sad and dismal. Andrea's crying, Taylor's about to burst into tears, people are pissed, it's just not a good start. I knew what was going on, I found out two days ago. Just gotta grin and bear it, but it sucks. Maria is the best boss I've had. Yes, I've only had two, but Maria surpasses Molly by leaps and bounds. Anyways, So I get the news that Maria is officially going to Stoughton and it just fucking sucks. Brought my entire day to a damn shitfest. Plus, I wasn't closing with Doris, I was closing with this guy not much older looking than me with a not so bright look on his face.

Anyways, during my break, I called Jenny and she actually answered the phone! Was seeing what she was up to and asked if she wanted to watch a movie after I got out of work. Looked like things were going to the positive side, so it brightened my day. Finished up the day and got a fresh supply of Schweppes and Cape Cod Potato Chips for the show and called Jenny...no answer. Sent a text...no answer. Called Christine and she said Jenny wasn't there. Hmm...now I can't say that I wasn't kinda expecting this. It's happened now three times, but for some reason I guess I just had more hope. Kinda like the Redsox in 1986, it was going great and then the ball goes right through the legs.

Picked up Jamie and the movie and we went back to my house, checked for Jenny there and her away message sounded like she had a rough night, so I guess I'll give her a call tomorrow and see if things are ok. Who knows? Maybe I can help her out...or maybe not. Depends on if she answers her phone.

© Copyright 2004 MajikRobot (UN: majikrobot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MajikRobot has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312306-What-a-day