*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/331183-Where-three-or-more-are-gathered-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#331183 added February 28, 2005 at 8:33am
Restrictions: None
Where three or more are gathered ...
The everyday Iraq citizen can't even as much as stand in line and apply for a job without getting killed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7043921/

The people of Iraq may look different, talk different, and write backwards, but they all bleed red. It is sad that as the mother of an American soldier in Iraq I feel relief that the violence of car bombers is directed at the everyday Iraq citizen. With the relief I feel is also shame, shame that there is not a way to stop this insanity.

If I was a citizen of Iraq, I would have to ask myself if I would I be brave enough to stand in a crowd along the tattered and battered streets, and apply for a job as a policeman? With what I have seen and heard in the news, the shame of it is - probably not.

Car bombs are an ugly, crude, violent method of killing. When a car bomb explodes, like the one that killed over a hundred people and injured even more on Sunday, it rips and tears massive amounts of flesh, and causes large puddles of blood pool in the streets. The lucky ones die immediately.

Today, I will be sending out an e-mail to many of the mainstream news media groups and telling them that they are doing a hugh disservice to America by not reporting more aggressively, and constantly on the horrors faced by the everyday citizen of Iraq.

If freedom is to be as globally universal as President Bush claims then American citizens need to identify more closely with the people living in Iraq.

© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/331183-Where-three-or-more-are-gathered-