*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/334426-Bush-Administration-A-Democratic-Dictatorship
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#334426 added March 13, 2005 at 11:01am
Restrictions: None
Bush Administration: A Democratic Dictatorship
Canned News and Government Propaganda

What have I been saying?

Finally, I feel some sense of vindication, but I have to ask myself at what cost

Knowing that something is wrong, and being able to do something about it are two very different things.

People are so gullible.

My son proved to me how gullible people can be during an argument that we recently had about what is written in books. He believes that if he read it in a book then it must be absolute truth. He, and like so many others, takes what he reads as Gospel merely because he thinks books can’t lie. He forgets that people write books. He forgets that some books are written merely for profit, as are most textbooks, and he wants to believe and trust that writers, publishers, and everybody else involved in the making of a book are educated, honest, and above reproach.

Unfortunately, my son's unwavering faith in the printed word is misplaced. My son just refuses to believe that a book can contain false and inaccurate information.

But wait, what about the information peddled by the Bush administration?

In my humble opinion Americans are not only gullible; for the most part Americans are lazy. Yep! As Americans we are being sold the equivalent of the Brooklyn Bridge, and we are paying for it with our tax dollars.

Don’t believe me? Well, then get off your lazy, gullible duff, and click on the link, and read the following article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/13/politics/13covert.html?incamp=article_popular_...


I know most of what I know because I can read, but even as important as reading is so is my ability to comprehend what it is that I am reading.

I question everything that my government does, as is my constitutional right, and duty.

In every country that I have read about that is ruled by Dictator, the first thing the Dictator does is control the information available to its citizens. If you have read the article at the aforementioned link, then hopefully by now you will finally realize that Democracy in America is in dire jeopardy.

What are you going to do about it?

What do you feel when you realize that the Bush administration is in the business of producing News that is little more than propaganda that is created to sell Americans on the Bush agenda?

God help us all.



© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/334426-Bush-Administration-A-Democratic-Dictatorship