*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/335002-Chapter-2
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #942658
A story of four feuding brothers and the one woman who can unite them.
#335002 added March 16, 2005 at 9:38am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2
The night air weighed heavy on him as he shuffled through the old familiar streets. He had told himself that he would never return to this god forsaken place, but yet now he found himself traveling the same paths and making the same turns that he had years before,a path that led him to the Firehouse.
From inside he could hear the noisy shouts of the patrons, betting and fighting, betting on the bar fights, the clink of glasses and the breaking of bottles. Sounds he had heard a million times in his dreams, sounds that he associated with "her".
Why he had come back escaped him, for his life had taken a much different path since they parted ways. He had actually become King of not one, but two different lands, and when that had bored him, he took to the seas with his Gypsy daughter, and became feared by all who crossed his path. Like all children though, the love of his life grew up, and in turn, forced him to. He now resolved himself to being alone. A simple wanderer, living off the millions that he had stashed here and there. He had long ago realized that he was terribly alone, but he believed that he had deserved it. It was his fate to now be empty inside as payment for all the deeds that were less than good that he had done over the many years.
The lights from the Firehouse cast flickering shadows on the ground outside as he peered in. Of course the ring was occupied, but through the crowd he could not see who might be beating the shit out of whom. The sight made his blood pump. Perhaps after he knocked back a few he might be persuaded to go a round or two himself.
He forced the heavy wooden door open and sauntered inside, pushing through the crowd to the bar. A round friendly face greeted him, not bad looking but she could loose a few pounds. Her breasts were squeezed by a corset and a ruffle of linen barely concealed what he could only assume were perfect perky nipples. His eyes rolled over the milky white of her well displayed endowments before returning to the sparkling blue of her eyes. He offered a charming grin, realizing that he had been caught.
"Like what ye see do ye?", Her voice was as perky as her breasts.
He winked, "What man wouldn't."
The woman giggled, "What'll it be, honey?"
He thought about going further with the flirting, but decided he was too tired for any of that action, at least until he got a few drinks in him.
"Ever heard of Bourbon?"
The woman grinned and produced a very familiar bottle as she nodded.
"Aye, the Mistress insists on it, says one day someone might come in asking for it. 'Ave to admit, you're the first." He furrowed a brow, that was odd, but lucky for him he supposed. He took the drink and downed it, then slid the glass to the woman for more. She arched a slender brow, and filled it again.
© Copyright 2005 Charlene H (UN: dawnk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Charlene H has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/335002-Chapter-2