*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/335720-Terri-Schiavo
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#335720 added March 21, 2005 at 3:27pm
Restrictions: None
Terri-Schiavo
I got scared after the Terri Schindler-Schiavo spectacle in the media where right to die and right to murder united in the twilight zone of public opinion; so I made extra several copies of my living will to be placed in several locations.

I am not going to pass judgment on anybody, take sides, preach, orate or anything like that on the subject, because I believe both sides of the argument may have a point or two, and there may be a few murky pieces of truth hidden here and there; therefore, I feel for the judge and anyone who is involved in such a difficult case.

Speaking of my own wishes, I would never want to exist in a vegetative state; yet, I could understand the emotional needs of my next of kin. I also believe if the Creator would want to keep me alive, he wouldn't need a plastic tube for it. I have a living will since 1994, but in the shadow of the Terri Schiavo case, maybe even I was late in making one.

Thinking about it, why not have everyone who turns twenty-one sign a living will, since that would make things much easier on the doctors, families, and judges, and also prevent extra expense and heartache for all.


© Copyright 2005 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/335720-Terri-Schiavo