*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338898
Rated: E · Book · History · #956758
Bios about Henry VIII's wives.
#338898 added April 3, 2005 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
Anne of Cleves
Anne of Cleves was born in 1515. Henry the VIII remained single two years after Jane's death. {I wonder how he managed.} He mourned Jane for a long time.

Henry needed a bride to secure an alliance. He had agents out looking for possible candidates for his next wife.

Anne was from France and he needed her for political reasons to reform the church so Anne was chosen.

After Henry married Anne, he was bored and wanted out of this marriage as usual. She wasn't attractive to him. She didn't like music or literature like Henry did. Tension between the Duke of Cleves and the Empire was increasing towards war and Henry didn't want to be involved. Henry had become attracted to a woman named Kathryn Howard.

Anne didn't raise a fuss about getting the marriage annuled. She testified that the marriage had not been consumated and she hadn't properly broken off her engagement to the Duke Of Lorraine.

Anne accepted the title as the "King's Sister" after the marriage was dissolved. She was given Hever Castle in the settlement which had been Anne's until her death.

She attended the coronation of her former step daughter Mary I. After her death, she was buried in Westminister Abbey.
** Image ID #708814 Unavailable **
** Image ID #718867 Unavailable **
** Image ID #733706 Unavailable **



Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
** Image ID #953757 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2005 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338898