*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341191-Save-Me-From-Myself-NO-THANK-YOU
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#341191 added April 14, 2005 at 9:51am
Restrictions: None
Save Me From Myself... NO THANK YOU
Quote

U.S. airports begin ban on cigarette lighters - Terrorism & Security - MSNBC.com

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7496758/


No cigarette lighters? Is this ban on cigarette lighters suppose to make me feel safer, instill confidence in the power and authority of the TSA to protect me, and make all the other people who fly, feel safe? I think NOT!

Remember this story:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/10/1062902085950.html?oneclick=true

Or what about this story:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1371085/posts

Maybe I am wrong, but this all seems like some sort of anal micro-management to me. The average American citizen is not a threat to the security of the United States, but if you've ever been screened by airport security then you know that we are all treated like "WE" are the terrorists.

I stopped flying in 2003 after I read the story about the man that shipped himself home in a crate in the cargo hole of a plane. That story made me realize how ill equipped airport security really is to do the job that I personally expect them to do.

I imagine that this ban on cigarette lighters will create a sales boom for cigarette lighter manufactures. Good for them!

This ban on cigarette lighters is also a win for those people who want to ban smoking.

Did Prohibition work to end alcohol sales? No!

Given the nature of American Ingenuity, it should not be long before somebody invents, and patents a self-lighting cigarette. I hope whoever does sells millions of them and makes a fortune.

I am personally disgusted with people that have this "Big Brother" mentality trying to dictate every aspect of my life. I am not a criminal. I am not a terrorist. America has far bigger problems than spending a king's ransom to print signs, pass legislation, pay airport screeners to search baggage for cigarette lights just to implement a ban on cigarette lighters.

I for one suggest that maybe the Airlines, who are having their own serious financial problems, implement smoking and non-smoking flights. I don't think anyone is keeping statistics on this, but I'd almost be willing to bet it is non-smokers who are the real threat to everybodies security and well-being. How do they deal with their stress?

I'd much rather read news reports about what the "Powers That Be" are doing about the many different lists that contain the names of persons that are not suppose to be allowed to fly into any airport anywhere in the United States? Who makes these "NO FLY" lists, and how have so many American Government Congressmen and Senators ended up on the wide array of list?

Osma Bin Laden is clear to fly, but he can't light a cigarette. Huh? Well, read the story located at the following link:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=37167

The aforementioned link is the proof I offer in my defense as to why I believe how ridiculous this whole cigarette lighter ban is, and to my way of thinking proves that Americans have more to worry about than they realize. Ish!

© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341191-Save-Me-From-Myself-NO-THANK-YOU