*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341520-1016PM-quick-entrypoverty
by Fig
Rated: 18+ · Book · Teen · #956453
Hope is here. By hope i mean university life.
#341520 added April 15, 2005 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
10:16PM quick entry...poverty..
This will become a topic in the near future...Why do people glorify poverty? I don't understand... why do people think that the hood is something good? That the ghetto is something fabolous.

I'm not only hating on rappers here, but just society in general. Rappers do have to take some flak for this cuz they DO promote how they're 'repping' their hood and how they're so hard and how they hustled drugs on the corner etc. etc....I don't understand why that's such a great thing? You shouldn't be telling people how you hustled cocaine for a living?! And the public is lapping it up like..

"Yea, yea, dats the s**t right there. Yea homie, i know where you're coming from." I know rappers had it hard coming up. They came from nothing to something. They did something amazing with their life. You should be proud of them. But you can't be proud of them when they're promoting nonsense like that. Because they don't realise they're little kids listening to their crap about what they did. And lets not get started on the music videos... i'm not talking about the cussing and the girls. Those things are also getting ridiculous, but there's the whole gangsta vibez mentality thing.

You have any idea what that's doing to society? Like i told you, i don't live in the US, so i see the effect what rap is having on the international scale. Other countries DO mirror what happens in the US. My country is no different. When people see how rappers act on their videos dressing all thugged out and 'wilding out' on videos and drinking lots and smoking an stuff, u don't think people do those things in real life? Exactly what people see in the music videos they do in real life. So, no wonder the poor keep getting poorer and the rich getting richer. Because rappers like to focus on the ghetto and how they're FROM the ghetto and all of their crew is STILL in the ghetto and they could get still get on gangsta/hood cuz they're still ghetto but strange enough NOW they don't live anywhere NEAR the ghetto. Sure they talk about it and show it in their videos etc., but in real life they are out of the ghetto and living the nice life in Beverly Hills or whereva they are....

This was supposed to be a much shorter entry.. didn't intend for it to be this long. What sparked this post was because on my way home today i saw all of these signs of poverty and it really hurt me to see the world like this. Why don't people change the way they live? Why don't people try to make the difference in their lives? Yea, i know it's hard. Yea, i know it's tough. But, you can't want to live your life like that... you can't like to live on the block doing nonsense for your whole life... don't you want better? Don't you want to attain success? Why don't people want that.... why are they embracing poverty and not trying to change it... why...

See you next time folks...i'm out...PEACE. KEEP PROMOTING THE SHOW! TRYING TO GET MY MESSAGE OUT TO THE MASSES!! SPREAD THE WORD, HELL BOOKMARK ME IF YOU WANT!!! PEOPLE NEED TO READ THIS...

© Copyright 2005 Fig (UN: ninja64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fig has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341520-1016PM-quick-entrypoverty