*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342856-On-deaths-door-Playboy-and-evil-babies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#342856 added April 22, 2005 at 7:47pm
Restrictions: None
On deaths door, Playboy, and evil babies
*a low grown eminates from the vacinity of the head behind the screen* My head hurts. *Frown* I feel like I've been washed up on the beach, tossed and tormented by the waves. I feel weak, insipid, totally drained and exhausted. Last night was rough and I really shouldn't complain because a big part of it is my own fault.

Yesterday a game arrived in the mail. I had ordered it on eBay and was very excited when it arrived. Playboy: The Mansion for PC. *Smile* It's actually really good, the +16 rating is worthy and the graphics are pretty good. I freely admit to occasions of arousal *Wink*

Beyond that is the story. You actually play Hef in his mansion publishing his magazine. It is a lot of hard work. Probably harder than Hef ever did. I though an Editor had to sort his desk to pick the best of all the stuff he has where as in this game Hew is the primary source of obtaining all the content. He smoozes celebrities and asks them for interviews or essays. He assigns his journalists to write articles. He hires the models for centerfolds. Chats up hot looking celebrities for cover shots and sends his photographer off for pictorials. It's really challenging and I've been having a lot of fun.

In fact, I was having so much fun after the kids were in bed last night that I played until midnight. Yes, much too late for someone who needs 8 hours sleep and wakes at 6:30 every morning. I crashed to bed and tossed around for another half hour before falling asleep because I couldn't turn my brain off.

Then Josh fussed and cried. I've given in too much in the last week. Instead of letting him cry in the separated sleep technique I've been picking him up and feeding him. Last night I tried to let him cry but he just wouldn't stop. I sat up to read thinking that if he could see I was awake and ignoring him he would sleep. He did settle down and I though he was asleep so I lay down again. He of course started bellowing again and this time he wouldn't settle. Eventually at 6AM I gave in and brough him into my bed for a snuggle and a feed.

Thus, I've had very little sleep. My head is really letting me know it. Once I've finished this entry I'll be off to the kitchen to add a panadol to the osteorelief and multivitamin I take with breakfast every morning.

On a writing note, I did send in my poetry.com Who's Who form yesterday. And I did do my 20 minutes with The Dating Game this morning. The time passed well and my timer dinged in a most satisfactory manner.

I edited my "Invalid Entry, for ease of reading and to adjust a few details. It is a work in progress of course because as I write the story some of the details will flex and change. But at the moment that outline helps keep me on track.

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342856-On-deaths-door-Playboy-and-evil-babies