*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351562-Chapter-6-Transformation
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #963392
A story of Sarah Turner with vampires, wizards, werewolves and magic
#351562 added June 21, 2005 at 11:11pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 6: Transformation
Chapter 6: A Transformation


Within Sarah’s home, everyone was scurrying about, making lunches, grabbing books, and jumping into school uniforms. Sarah’s school uniforms were not just the plain grey and white, but a dark red on the skirt, which she hated wearing, and had red on the cuffs and collar. Nicky of course had the same exact outfit, her dark red streaks nearly matching the colour on her outfit, but Jake had to have the boring and plain grey and white, but then again, Sarah thought it matched his mood.
As Sarah nearly tripped her way down the stairs, throwing her hair into a fast bun while chewing a piece of toast, Sarah heard her dog Ninny squeal with pain. Jake cried out, but ignored the dog while he headed up the stairs.
‘Leave Ninny alone or I’ll make you squeal just like Ninny little boy.’ Sarah cried, shoving her brother into the wall roughly, her hair falling out of her bun and into a heap of waves.
‘Mother!’
‘Sarah, leave your brother alone, his bus is going to be here soon, so he needs to be ready.’ Their mother shouted from the kitchen, probably preparing Sarah and Nicky’s lunches. Sarah rolled her eyes, and turned to Jake, putting her face right in front of his.
‘I swear, if you hurt her once more, I will be forced to hurt you Jake, and don’t worry, soon I will be able to with just the flick of my fingers.’ She hissed menacingly. Jake ducked and dashed up the stairs, muttering something about Sarah under his breath.

Sarah skidded into the kitchen, still trying to fix her bun as she swallowed the last of her toast. Her mother glanced over her shoulder, and eyed out Sarah with a suspicious look, and maybe even a hint of envy was within her gaze as well, but Sarah pretended not to notice.
‘Where were you last night Sarah?’ her mother asked, her focus going back to the sandwich she was making with such delicacy. The insides of Sarah froze, but on the outside, she remained ordinary and composed, as she gently raised her head, her eyebrows curved into a simple frown.
‘What do you mean mom, I was in bed all night.’ Sarah answered. She almost swore that she heard her mother growl from the counter as she began to practically smother Sarah’s lunch with butter.
‘If you think that you can deceive me by your false tales, well you are certainly wrong at that Sarah, because I knew where you must have been. And since you went, I might as well ask how did the initiation turn out, how many students made it this year?’
Sarah swallowed a deep and tight lump in her throat, because now it was not a secret with her parents, and what if her mother tried to stop her from going to the school tonight, then what would happen? After a moment of consideration, Sarah decided it would be much better if she would just tell the truth.
‘I passed if that’s what you wanted to know, but we only have ten students in our year.’
‘How pitiful.’ Her mother scoffed, her laughter ringing in Sarah’s ears and making Sarah wince angrily. ‘There used to be over fifty candidates that would try to get into that school, and only twenty five would be able to make it, and now look where she’s at. And I’m sure many these days got black and red flames, am I correct Sarah?’ Hope asked, her eyes glancing at Sarah, her eyebrows lifted with interest.
‘Yes I suppose, but I didn’t understand what those flames meant, but the people who did get those flames were instantly teleported away.’
‘Those flames are for those who are not pure at the heart, and they are on the dark side.’ Hope explained, turning back to the lunches. Sarah stood silently for a while, just staring at her mother, wondering why she hated her Hillary so passionately. And she also found it strange how she could never speak with her mother before, but now they were talking about things that would make others frown in disapproval, or laugh and say that things like that did not exist. She almost dared herself to ask whether her mother knew that Sarah held the silver crystal within her, and she was the one destined to carry out the prophecy, but she held her tongue. Her mother of course would never know that, and Sarah had a sneaky suspicion that her mother would have been desirous if Sarah would have told her that, and Sarah didn’t want to risk it. you could never trust anyone, Sarah thought, glancing away finally from her mother.
The echo of a bus honking its horn made both Sarah and Hope jump up with apprehension. Hope closed her eyes, and when she opened them, her eyes were cold and nasty as she glared at Sarah, her fingers drumming on the butter knife that she held. ‘We shall have this discussion later Sarah, but now you should be leaving for school.’
Sarah nodded at her mother, turning away and yelling for her brother to get onto his bus. No, it wasn’t over at all, she still had many things to talk about with her mother, and she wanted to talk about them whether she did or not, but of course, she had to be very careful of what they would speak about.



The hallways were filled with students who flitted their way to one person and then another, catching up on all the summer gossip that they might have missed. Madison sneered as a bubbly blonde haired girl passed by holding onto her books, her face redder than blood that passed through her veins, as if she had just heard the most wildest thing ever.
‘It’s the same thing every single year.’ Nicky said shaking her head and rolling her eyes as some more pathetic popular girls slipped their way by, each glancing at Alex and giving him a quick flirty smile.
‘Come on, let’s just get to the gym and find out where our classrooms are.’ Sarah suggested. They all agreed and made their way through the hall, trying not to bump into to many people, though it was extremely tough, seeing as many eighth graders were drooling all over each other right in the middle of the hallway.
Nicky pretended to gag, and at the same time tried to trip a girl wearing a low skirt and had a tight revealing pink top. She glared at Nicky as she passed, and barely dodged Nicky's foot as she moved her way through the crowd.
‘Ah, how I missed school.’ Alex said, his voice ringing with laughter as he poked Nicky in her side.


They finally made their way to the gym doors, and began to search for their names under the grade seven lists. Sarah saw that she was with Nicky and Alex, but for the first time, Madison wasn’t in the same class with Sarah.
‘Sarah, outside, talk now!’ Madison exclaimed heatedly, as she grabbed Sarah by her collar and began to drag her away as soon as she finished reading where her class was.
‘What?’ Sarah asked as soon as they stepped through the nearest doors and into the cloudy morning, the scent of rain hanging around them.
‘He’s in the same class with me.’
Sarah tilted her head in confusion, and narrowed her eyes. ‘Who are you speaking of?’
Madison spun around and grabbed Sarah’s shoulders, and Sarah noticed how her teeth were clenched together. ‘Ryley! I'm alone in the same class with Ryley, I mean, I don’t have any other people like us to keep me company either!’ she nearly screamed.
Sarah held in her laughter for as long as she could, then when she couldn’t no longer, she burst out in almost hysterical gasps for air as she held her stomach.
‘It’s not funny, it’s horrible! I'm going to wither away in that class by just being near him, and what if we sit near each other? Then what will I do?’ Madison whined frantically.
‘Sorry Madison, I'm sorry.’ Sarah said apologetically, though she was quivering trying to hold her laughter in. ‘I guess you’ll have to get used to him, because you’re going to be with him in the same class for a long time.’ Sarah told her. Madison grimaced and began to complain about Ryley, though Sarah tried to ignore it, and after a while went back inside to go find where her classroom was. Though she didn’t show it, she couldn’t wait for that night so she would finally attend her first class to learn magic. She was sure that it was going to be a long day just waiting for the twelfth hour, and glancing at her watch, she moaned because she still had a long time to wait.

Sarah was standing in her classroom with Nicky and Alex next to her as the class waited for their teacher. Sarah noticed that Damien entered, and she tried her hardest not to glance at him, and she saw that he could barely keep his eyes away from her as well. However, Nicky took their quick edgy glances at something else.
‘Hey, that boy over there seems to have noticed you Sarah, he has been staring at you ever since he came in.’ she exclaimed while poking Sarah in her abdomen. Sarah rolled her eyes and poked Nicky back with a laugh, but suddenly jumped when the classroom door was slammed shut.
All of the students fell silent and turned towards the door dropping their jaws in awe. A woman who may have stood six foot or more stood in front of the door, her hair extensive and stringy and the colour flaming red like fire. She looked like she had very large bones, and Sarah could see the faintest trace of hair above her upper lip, which was very large and covered with a strange colour lipstick.
‘Sit down at a desk immediately, for class has begun two minutes ago.’ She ordered taking her place behind her desk. Everyone was still gaping at her in awe, considering if she was nearly as tough as she appeared. ‘When I tell you to do something, I want it done as soon as the words escape my lips!’ she shouted, her voice booming and rattling Sarah’s bones.
The students scurried around the class to find some empty desks mostly as far away from that teacher as possible. Her fat lips pulled into a stretched tight line as she examined each pupil with her diminutive watery blue eyes.
‘Hmm, teenagers are so strange in this world.’ She whispered almost under her breath. The students who heard her speak such worlds looked at the other students around them, their eyes revealing their nervousness and worry.
Sarah wasn’t that concerned, but she was rather unconvinced of this new teacher and the words that she had spoken. The teacher turned her eyes to Damien and bit on her lip as if somehow she knew that he was a vampire, and she held his gaze for a moment longer before her gaze moved over to Sarah’s group. Sarah was suspecting that the teacher would look upon her, but her gaze slipped past Sarah as if she were not even there, and rested on her own sister.
‘Well, I might as well tell you that my name is Gabriel.’ She said with a sigh, closing her eyes and a smile forming on her lips, but that smile was one that Sarah wasn’t be fond of. ‘You shall refer to me as either Miss, or Miss Gabriel and nothing else.’ She instructed, her voice rather harsh as she rose and started to hand out some Math textbooks.
‘Why won’t you tell us your last name?’ a boy asked smirking at her and sitting with his feet on his desk. She smiled coldly at him, but didn’t reply and only left Sarah more suspicious than ever.
‘To answer your question Mr. Roberts, I have no last name, I am a misfit from a place far away, and was born without a first or last name, so I created one for myself.’
The boy scoffed loudly. ‘How can you not have a last name? That’s just impossible, everybody has a last name whether they like it or not.’
‘Because from the land I come from, you can be born from a flower or a rock, and there are people who roam the lands that have not a name, and there are people who are so terrifying that children fear them during their dreams.’ She said, her eyes drifting away into a glazed and mysterious state. Nicky and Sarah glanced at each other, both frowning and their eyes filled with a curious fascination.
The women kept a straight face for only a moment before she burst into a deep booming laughter. ‘You believed that, boy you kids must surely be gullible if you believed the crap that just came from my mouth.’ She said, wiping a tear away from her eye.
Most kids began to laugh nervously as if they didn’t believe that she was lying.
‘Anyway, let us begin with our lesson, and everyone better pay attention, because I do not tolerate misbehaving in this classroom. If someone does however, they will have to stay after school with me for as long as I wish it to be so, any questions?’ she looked upon the twenty two students who were staring up at her wide eyed, most probably thinking to never disrupt her because most wouldn’t want to spend a minute alone with her. ‘Excellent, if you all be good, at the end of the week I will bring in some treats for all of you.’
Bribery, Sarah thought narrowing her eyes and drumming her fingers on her desk. She glanced at the clock, but it had only just turned nine o’clock. She groaned and put her head in her hands and tried to fall asleep, hoping that Miss Gabriel wouldn’t notice, because she didn’t like the sound of staying with her alone after class.


The day continued on, and Sarah barely noticed or listened to anything that went on around her. At the first recess, Madison had stormed away outside to where Sarah, Nicky, Alex and Madison would hang out, and complained about Ryley the whole recess, but nobody really listened much. The had more lessons that bored Sarah beyond her own belief, and then finally lunch came around. Only twelve more hours was the only thing that went through her head during the whole break, and only really Nicky noticed how occupied she was, because Alex and Madison had begun to argue about Ryley.
Eventually, the bell rang for the end of the day, and Sarah jumped up with more enthusiasm than she had all day, and raced out of the door, not even waiting for Nicky or Alex. She saw Madison running out of her classroom ahead, her hands covering her ears and her eyes squeezed shut as if she were in pain.
‘What is it?’ Sarah asked when she reached her, but Madison didn’t need to answer, because Ryley stepped out, his arms crossed and a smile of glee smeared on his pale lips.
‘I’ve been taunting a little too much I suppose, but she deserves it for giving me my bloody lip a while back.’ Ryley said, as if that would make it all better. Madison groaned and slid against the wall and sat on the floor, her feet sticking out so many people who passed by almost tripped.
‘Hey, watch it!’ a boy growled who had stumbled over her foot. Madison glared up at him.
‘Bite me little boy.’ She replied hotly not moving her feet, making the boy sigh and walk away. Nicky and Alex approached and each eyed out Ryley because of what Madison had said all day about him.
‘Look, I’m sorry Madison; I’ll try to be nicer from now on.’ Ryley said almost reluctantly, offering his hand to her.
‘Screw off Ryley, you’ve already made enough trouble for us.’ Sarah hissed. ‘We don’t need any apology from you, so just leave be and go play all by yourself, it seems you’re more content that way anyway, so I’m just doing you a favour.’
He looked at Sarah, to Nicky and Alex, then of course back to Madison. He frowned sorrowfully, but that was quickly hidden from his spiteful mean looking dark eyes.
‘Fine, I didn’t even mean that apology anyway.’ He turned away and walked away, shoving his hands into his deep baggy pockets and lowering his head. The air had finally stopped feeling so tense around Sarah, because when she would glance at Nicky, she had a strange curious look in her eyes. For a moment, Sarah felt only slight guilt, because he looked so pathetic and lonely, but she shook that off promptly. Ryley didn’t deserve any pity anyway.
‘How do you two know him?’ Alex asked watching as Ryley shoved open the doors and began to run away from the school. Sarah glanced at Nicky, who avoided Sarah’s gaze and remained quiet, probably wondering that same question herself.
‘We once met him at the Blue Park.’ Madison swiftly said with a casualness as she helped herself up. Nicky’s head snapped up and her eyes narrowed suspiciously, but she still remained silent, her lips pulled into tight line.
Alex though didn’t seem to think it was anything strange, then again, he was glancing at a few girls who passed by, a strange wistful smile on his lips. Nicky was quick to grab him by the back of his neck and dig whatever nails she had into his skin. He cried out and leaped into the air, and the girls who were passing by and eyeing him out quickly dash away hoping to be in any sort of dilemma.
‘You say that you like me, but if you truly wanted to be my boyfriend, then there would be no other girl in your eye except me.’ Nicky whispered slickly in his ear.
‘But I can’t help it, it’s like I don’t control myself Nicky, please, it’s not like I want them or anything.’ He cried desperately. Sarah shook her head, and wondered about Ryley, what was that look that he had in his eyes when he looked down at Madison. It was if he actually cared about her… but then again, something with the light in the hallway could have strangely affected his eyes.
‘I’m tired of being in school.’ Sarah blurted when she saw her teacher come out of the classroom. ‘I just wanna go home and relax.’ She added glancing at Madison without the other two noticing.
‘Yeah, I’ve got some homework that my teacher gave, and he gave a lot, so we should head home, we can probably hang out after supper unless we’re all too tired.’
Nicky and Alex looked shyly at each other and suddenly their checks burst into a shade of brilliant red. ‘Um, Alex and I were actually planning on hanging out at his house tonight, and I’m going right now…’ Nicky trailed off quietly, nervously shuffling her feet.
‘Why are you two hanging out so much alone, is something going on between you two that we don’t know about?’ Sarah teased, messing Nicky’s hair playfully.
‘Ah come off it Sarah, I invited her over, that’s all.’
Nicky and Alex began poking each other, and when Nicky messed up Alex’s hair, he pretended to be offended and chased after her as they ran down the hallway, waving goodbye to Sarah and Madison, and leaving them blinking stupidly.
‘That was uh, odd.’ Madison said after a moment of hushed silence, in which Sarah and Madison had stared at each other.
‘What do you think Madison, I don’t really believe that there’s nothing going no between them, because we both know that Alex likes Nicky, and that Nicky just adores him back.’ Sarah stated with a laugh. ‘Well, I think that it’s cute, and as long as Alex doesn’t break her heart, I won’t hurt him and I think it’s fine.’
Sarah and Madison laughed and left the school, each whispering excitedly about what was about to come later that night. The day was still bright and warm, but a sudden chill crawled down Sarah’s spine, but she ignored it, thinking it must have been the dark vampires that were surely watching her.
However, the feeling wouldn’t go away until the school was no longer in sight, and that’s when Sarah could finally calm down and breathe properly. It was different from feeling as if she were being watched, it was if something that was like the dead was touching her, and she didn’t like it at all.
The wind blew through her hair, and it almost seemed like it whispered ‘Prophecy child’ in her ear, but then again, she couldn’t really be sure. She paused in her walk, and stared at a window in a building up next to them. It was dark in the house, and the curtains were almost pulled completely shut, but she could just see a person spying on her and Madison. However, this made her smile, because she recognised the face. Hillary must have sent Serge to watch them go to school, and of course come home as well.
She nodded at Serge and continued on her way home, feeling much better knowing that she was safe. Now all she had to do was wait until that night, and she would finally stop feeling so hyper and excited.

The figure pulled away from the window and chuckled softly, his body slowly melting back to his original form. The figure wore a dark cloak that masked his face so that people on the streets would not be able to claim him to the body that lie in the house. Sometimes people had their purposes, and the man in that house had served his purpose charitably. Soon he would know exactly where Sarah would go and which routes she would take, and one day he would catch her alone, and that’s when he would finally get what he wanted. The powerful silver crystal…


Sarah was pacing her room, her eyes darting to the clock almost every five seconds. Nicky was fast asleep, and had been since ten thirty, but Sarah had only pretended to fall asleep, when actually, she was staring at her clock, watching as the minutes slowly slipped by. That’s how impatient she was for Madison, and she was usually a very patient person, that is until this night.
It was eleven thirty, and Madison would be arriving very soon at Sarah’s house, or at least she hoped that Madison would show up. The first years had to be there by quarter to twelve, and that time was now rushing up on Sarah faster than she thought it would, her heart pounding against her chest in anticipation of Madison.
She heard the slightest noise against her window, and dashed over and peeked outside, her eyes wide with excitement as they moved from one shadow to another. She opened the window as noiselessly as she could and climbed out onto the roof, looking for anything that resembled Madison.
‘Madison?’ she whispered, her voice carrying down to the ground and farther than she intended. However, instead of Madison, Simon moved away from the shadows and beamed up at Sarah, waving for her to come down. She was only slightly baffled that Simon was there instead of Nicky, but grabbed the branch and instead of swinging down, she fell, landing on her feet without swaying or maybe twisting her foot. ‘Why didn’t I hurt myself?’ Sarah wondered aloud, looking all over her body for any strange signs.
Simon chuckled and went to Sarah his dark blue eyes twinkling in the moonlight, and his hair wet with the rain that had come down upon the earth an hour ago. ‘You didn’t hurt yourself because you have your necklace now, it’s almost impossible to hurt yourself unless someone tries to hurt you. And besides, you have your magic within you flowing now instead of staying hidden for so long, it helped to glide down safely without hurting yourself.’ Simon told her.
Sarah blinked stupidly at Simon, her mouth open with amazement. ‘Oooh, I want to do that again!’ Sarah exclaimed childishly. Simon took Sarah’s arm by her elbow and shook his head disapprovingly.
‘We have to be going for the school now, or else you’ll be late to know what your classes are, and they do talk to the first years before their classes start.’ Simon explained. Sarah sighed but nodded, and began to walk towards the Blue Park with Simon right at her side, trying to hide her excitement that was awakening like that dragon within her.


‘So Sarah, what do you do when you’re bored?’ Simon asked suddenly after they were both quiet for a few minutes, watching as Sarah did to do her cartwheels and back flips that she had learned when she was in second grade.
She stopped and face Simon trying to catch her breath. ‘I don’t know, I play my gamecube, me and Madison go for walks or go swimming in the river, and of course, we sneak into a lot of places within town.’ Sarah told Simon, counting them off of her fingers. ‘How about you, what do you do Mr. Mysterious?’ Sarah teased, walking backwards on the street and watching Simon as he chewed on his cheek thoughtfully.
‘I run through the forest killing small animals for food, and I walk through town in my werewolf form trying to get food so I can eat.’
Sarah stared at Simon, her eyes wide with surprise, not able to catch his gaze as he looked anywhere but Sarah.
‘Oh my god, I am so sorry, I mean, I didn’t know.’ Sarah stuttered, but Simon merely shrugged.
It’s nothing really, it’s been that way for most werewolves in the world, and when town’s and cities began to develop, our kind began to die out, because we were unable to kill as many animals to eat. And hunters also began to kill us, and so eventually, Hillary tried to gather as many werewolves as she could and brought them over to Foria, and that is where most of my kind rests now.’
Sarah sighed and squeezed her eyes shut. ‘I sometimes wish that I could live in Foria, because it sounds like I would be able to grow up there normally and without people always looking at me so weird when strange things happen around me.’ Sarah nearly whispered. Simon moved closer to Sarah and stared at her, feeling her pain, because he felt the same way, almost everyday. ‘I mean, when Madison told me about Foria one day, when we were in our camp in the forest, it sounded like she was reading a fairy tale to me, because such a world didn’t exist in our minds anymore. But I know it’s real, she told me about how dragons roam the skies and there are castles with king’s who sit in their high chairs with their people bowing at their feet. And of course, there are the hero’s who slay the evil dragons and tries to fight off Vladmire’s army and witches and wizards are considered healers, and vampires have villages with hundreds of vampires living there.’ Sarah’s eyes had now glazed and stared off into the distance as she pictured Foria in her mind.
‘Nothing is that great, there are people who slay vampires you know, and kill werewolves just because they think we are a terrible threat to the human race.’ Simon explained considerately.
‘Of course, but it does sound wonderful, doesn’t it?’ Sarah asked, dancing around on her tiptoes, her mind drifting away as it usually did. She was graceful as she did so as well, her feet barely touching the ground before she would begin prancing around once again, humming a soft tune that her mother used to sing when she was a child.
Her hair floated in the air, and when she laughed, Simon could scarcely see her vampire teeth, which were growing with each passing day that she received her necklace. Simon couldn’t help but watch in awe as she danced around, because the moonlight appeared as though she was unreal, a weird and yet wonderful glow surrounding Sarah. Her hair shone brightly and her eyes almost seemed as if they were filled with pure white and blue diamonds that glittered in the light.
And he noticed that she was beginning to rise off the ground, and whenever her feet would land on the air, it would create a mystical light that kept her up. But that wasn’t good, because Vladmire would be able to detect that Sarah was using magic, and he would come straight away to Sarah.
‘Sarah, I think we should keep going.’
But Sarah was reluctant and dashed away, teasing Simon as she still hung in the air. Simon chased after her, only after hearing the padded feet of something approaching them.
‘Sarah!’ Simon cried, watching as a dark werewolf leaped off the ground with its powerful paws and hit Sarah in her stomach, both falling to the ground in a heap. His eyes were wide, the colour beginning to swirl within and his heart pumping so hard it almost hurt. Sarah needed help, and she need it now.

Sarah moaned and rubbed her head as she opened her eyes, and immediately found that her vision was blurry. Something moved over her, and growled, the sound coming from within the creature’s throat. She froze and began to move her eyes so that she saw that an enormous head hung over her, the creature’s mouth in a hideous snarl revealing it’s milky white sharp teeth.
Her breath caught in her throat as gasp, and tried to pull away, but the dark werewolf put it’s heavy paw on her stomach, and pressed down so she wasn’t able to breathe, let alone move.
‘Simon!’ she squeaked weakly, tears falling out of her eyes as she struggled to get the paw off and also to breathe. The werewolf took its other paw, and with its claw very gently grabbed her chain and pulled it out from under her sweater.
The shine that erupted from it was so brilliant that it blinded Sarah for a moment, but she felt relieved as the paw was taken away from her stomach, taking long breaths of happiness. The dark werewolf barked and growled as it lunged for Sarah, it’s eyes bloody scarlet and filled with an passionate anger.
Sarah scrambled to get up and moved as fast as she could out of the way, but the dark werewolf was much too quick, and dashed so he ended up in front of her. ‘I don’t think so Sarah Turner!’ a voice yelled in her head making her quickly cover her ears and fall to her knees in pain.
It almost seemed as though she heard a vicious bark, but at the moment, she could barely hear anything or recognise anything around her. In the back of her head, she heard her name called out fearfully and as if it were struggled, her eyes suddenly opening and darting around apprehensively.
The dark werewolf and Simon, in his werewolf form were struggling and snapping at each other, but the dark werewolf was winning and Sarah knew it. it gabbed a piece of flesh at Simon’s stomach and tore it away without a second thought, blood splattering all around Simon’s body as he yelped out in pain.
Sarah knew she had to do something, but she didn’t know how to use magic, and there was nothing around her to use to inflict even a minimal amount of pain upon the dark werewolf. The dark werewolf’s voice and Simon’s were causing her to be confused, but she caught Simon calling out for her to run and get away and tell Hillary. But something within Sarah boiled, she looked down at her necklace, and she felt the magic around her, and she knew she would be able to do it, because she was not going to allow that dark werewolf to kill Simon.
She clasped her hand around the necklace for encouragement, and felt her hair afloat around her as the wind caught it and blew hurriedly around her. the wind finally completely covered Sarah’s body and wrapped her up like a cocoon, and within it, Sarah began to transform into her vampire body.
She pushed the wind away, which immediately died out, and what was left amazed Simon as he and the dark werewolf glanced at her. She held a large sword in her hand, and over her shoulder hung a bow with arrows held in a sash, and over her shoulders was a black cloak and underneath her cloak, Sarah had on dark red armour. The sword was engulfed by blue flames, and at her feet were similar blue flames, almost the same colour as what her eyes were at the moment.
Her eyes, Simon couldn’t begin to explain how beautiful they were, but the main attraction about them was that they were glowing, and that only brought them out even more. They had lost all of their white streaks that they usually had, but instead were dark as the ocean waves and were very mysterious as she glared threateningly at the dark werewolf.
The dark werewolf eyed out Sarah, but not as a threat, but out of curiosity, because his eyes were not watching the sword, but just Sarah’s face.
‘Let Simon go.’ Sarah told the dark werewolf darkly, her blonde and black bangs hanging in her eyes. the dark werewolf moved away from Simon, but instead of backing off, he moved slowly towards Sarah, his eyes hungry for her flesh and blood.
<I’ve never tasted a vampire prophecy child before, let me see if you’re better than all the rest.> hissed the dark werewolf, his voice bouncing around in Sarah’s head. But she ignored it and kept her rapt attention upon the dark werewolf, her sword prepared to strike in her hand and destroy him in her hand, the flames only growing bigger and darker.
He suddenly shot towards Sarah with full agility, but Sarah had been ready for that. She immediately brought up the sword just wounding the dark werewolf on his side as he tried to avoid her swing in mid air.
He landed, and turned once again to Sarah swiping out at her and then leaping moving towards her again with great amount of speed that he thought Sarah would have never been able to hit him. But she did, and this time the wound was much more lethal than the previous one, and it immediately began to gush out blood staining his fur.
This time the wound affected the dark werewolf more than he thought, and he stumbled and tripped over his own feet, skidding to the ground and spreading the blood across the concrete.
Sarah spun around, stashing away her sword and taking out her bow with an arrow, aiming it for the dark werewolf’s heart, not even having a moment of hesitation about its life. The arrow left the bow quickly penetrating the dark werewolf, and the night was filled with a hideous deep howl of pain, then complete silence.

Sarah turned to Simon and smiled, but it was very weak and Simon saw how Sarah’s eyes were flickering from weariness. She stumbled and fell forward, her bow falling out of her hands as Simon dashed over and just barely caught her in his arms, his human arms that is.
Simon looked upon Sarah’s face, promptly surprised to see that her whole body began glowing, along with the bow, which was only a few feet away. The light disappeared after only a moment, and revealed Sarah in her natural form, and her armour and weapons gone.
She opened her eyes suddenly, and looked into Simon’s eyes, and it seemed as if a small bit of her innocence was lost because of what she had done, her eyes blank and darker than what they had been before. She sat up pulling away from Simon’s grasp and not looking back at him, she said ‘I had to do it, he was going to kill you, and I just couldn’t let that happen.’
She spun back to Simon, her eyes teary and sparkling like they had done before her transformation as she covered her mouth and tried to wipe away the tears. ‘I don’t know what came over me, I just felt the necklace, and then I was powerful, and I wanted that dark werewolf dead for hurting you.’ She exclaimed. She looked down at the ground and Simon saw her tears falling to the ground as she began to tremble from crying.
Simon couldn’t help himself, he went to Sarah, and grabbed her arms, making her look up into his eyes, and god she was beautiful, even at such a young age. Her eyes were still wet with tears, but they were still and soft as she looked up at Simon, a slightly curious look hiding in her eyes. He pulled her against him and squeezed her tightly, over come with his emotions and the way that Sarah had done all that to protect him.
Sarah was too confused to embrace Simon back, and before she could wrap her arms around him, Simon pulled away, his cheeks flushed and his eyes darting away from Sarah.
‘We need to leave now, we’re probably late for the speech, but I’m sure Hillary shall understand why we were late.’ Simon mumbled, almost inaudible to Sarah. He took her hand and tugged her away from the dark werewolf who lay unresponsive in the street, and quickly towards the Blue Park, not speaking a single syllable to Sarah the rest of the way.
Sarah pondered why Simon had embraced her like that, and if maybe he felt something for her, even though they just barely met, because the look in his eyes revealed all. Nevertheless, she also felt a strange connection between them as well, and she just couldn’t understand what it meant. But something else that confused her and yet excited her was that even just the touch from Simon sent a chill down her spine and her breath to be caught only momentarily. Even as she glanced at her hand within Simon’s, she felt nervous and taken away at the same time, just because he was touching her.
Stop it Sarah, she ordered herself, this is pathetic, maybe the moonlight and your excitement for tonight is messing you up.
But you felt this when you first met Simon before, remember, whispered a sly voice, giggling gently as well and in Sarah’s mind, over ruling the first voice.
Wait a minute, having voices talking to yourself isn’t healthy, stop it immediately.
Sarah shook her head and realized that after all her questioning herself, which was something many girls did though she didn’t want to, that they were at the Blue Park already. Madison stood at the farther end near the gate, wearing a west coast choppers black sweatshirt with flames on it, almost similar to Sarah’s with tight dark blue jeans, and with her hair fallen around her face, she looked gorgeous to Sarah. Her necklace hung on her sweater not giving off any light along with Sarah’s, so that meant that no trouble was nearby, yet. Even though Madison’s necklace was still wonderful, it didn’t nearly match in Sarah’s, which had more design and shine, and it Sarah proud to have it because this was something that Madison would never be able to over come.
‘Where were you!’ she hissed when they made their way to Madison, her eyes blazing disapprovingly and her hands at her sides and the fists clenched tightly from anger. She only quickly glanced at Sarah’s necklace, and at the place where Simon’s should be curiously.
But Simon merely waved her off as if none of what happened was important. ‘Look, just recite the poem so we can get to the school, we’ll tell you what happened when we’re there.’
Madison’s eyes swiftly changed from anger to inquisitiveness and worry, as she eyed out Sarah, the two passing secret messages just through the looks that they gave each other.
‘Just say the poem Madison!’ Simon cried, glancing over his shoulder as he bit on his lip with his sharp teeth, but gently enough so he didn’t penetrate his lip. Madison nodded and began, and soon enough, they had all slipped through the gate that reformed behind them, and ran through the forest not even once glancing at the back of them.



Before they knew it, the school loomed before them, candles lighting the pebbled path that made its way down the hill and right up to the large door. They hurried their way to the door, and Madison did the honour of putting her necklace in the hole where there was the moon. The whole door began to shine, while Madison took out her necklace and threw it around her neck, and then the door disappeared and they stepped through.
‘Where are all the other students?’ Madison and Sarah asked at the same time aloud, both glancing at each other and trying to smother their laughter.
‘This isn’t a time to be laughing!’ Simon shouted frantically. ‘Maybe we should see if Hillary in her headquarters, and she can direct us to our first classroom.’ He suggested, looking down the hallway as he shoved his hands into his pockets nervously.
‘You must calm down Simon.’ Sarah said soothingly, her fingers smoothing out Simon’s black hair, which to her touch was silky-smooth. She noticed that his shoulders fell, and she heard Simon sigh, as if that were going to relieve all of his stress.
‘Okay, okay, we’ll go see Hillary, and everything will be okay.’ Simon nearly whispered, her voice much calmer as Sarah pulled her hands away from his hair. Madison and Sarah glanced at each other, Madison’s eyes asking questions, while Sarah merely went slightly red in her cheeks, because she suddenly felt aflame in her face.
Madison was too suspicious, Sarah thought as they followed Simon past the doors and towards the set of stairs. But then again, Sarah thought that Madison might just realize one of these days that she likes Simon, because never has Sarah acted that… touchy with a boy before. Sarah was usually the kind of girl friend who would just act like her crush was her friend, and that it could be nothing more, and that’s why she had never had a boyfriend before.
Sarah thought that maybe Nicky had beat Sarah, because she had been spending many nights alone with Alex and they were always together, instead of Nicky always being with Sarah. Growing up was too confusing for Sarah, emotions were strung and high, boys finally looked at you, but it wasn’t the kind of attention you needed, and you would start acting like you cared about nothing. She didn’t want to grow up anymore, she just wished that she could freeze time right at that instant and she could stay twelve forever. Of course, it was completely impossible to do so, besides, Sarah was sure that Madison wouldn’t like to stay eleven the rest of her life, because her birthday was in only a few months.



‘You mean to tell me that a dark werewolf attacked you in the middle of the street, with night barely upon us?’ Hillary asked, her voice raised and her fists smashing against her desk. Simon, Sarah and Madison each glanced at each other, then quickly glanced away and began doing their natural nervous habits.
Madison chewed her lip and made blood appear because her own blood calmed her, Sarah twirled her piece of hair that fell next to her eyes and flicked her right fingers while humming one of her favourite songs. Simon however shuffled his feet back and forth keeping his eyes to the ground.
But Hillary suddenly changed and pulled straight and taking in the events that had happened thoughtfully. ‘But even though all of this happened, I am quite pleased to know that you transformed Sarah, you didn’t even need a few classes to practise. I am very impressed, but nonetheless of course I knew that you were going to be better than the other students are going to be.’ Hillary beamed at Sarah sincerely. Sarah couldn’t help but hide her face as she smiled shyly and went scarlet in her cheeks and ears from her pure modesty.
‘But I didn’t even know how I did it, I just remember how I grabbed my necklace because it was glowing and practically blinding me, and then I felt so light and powerful, as if I was capable of doing anything that I wanted. When the light left me, I suddenly didn’t feel like myself anymore, I felt almost… impure and a subject to darkness. It almost frightened me, but I felt that sword in my hand, and the armour that was upon my body, and I fought that dark werewolf without any hesitation… just like how I killed it.’ Sarah closed her eyes, remembering the scene, though it hurt just to remember it. ‘No hesitation at all as I strung my arrow upon my bow and let it loose to kill that dark werewolf, and I shouldn’t have done that, but a part of me wanted to see it in pain and to bleed.’ She opened her eyes again, and looked at everyone in the room defiantly, her eyebrows lifted considerately and her facial features almost frightening. ‘And I would love to do it all over again, is that wrong?’
‘No Sarah, of course it isn’t, but it is only right to kill if it is for your own defence, or if they are a part of Vladmire’s army, because they have no mercy for our side, so we shall have none for his.’
‘But, then are we just learning to use our magic so you can use us in your battles against Vladmire?’ Madison suddenly asked. Hillary didn’t reply.
The silence that filled the room was eerie, but Sarah liked it, as she began to smile and look around her.
‘I think its time that I take you to your class so you can join the others and start learning to enhance your abilities, and of course to get your clothes that you shall wear every time you are here.’
Hillary rose out of her seat and flipped her hood off her head, revealing her head filled with wavy blonde hair that went past her shoulders and lay gently on her cloak. Sarah’s smile softened when she saw that her hair was almost like her own, the texture, the colour and even the waves, because Sarah once had curls in her hair when she was a small child.
It was slightly strange to Sarah of how she resembled Hillary to almost every aspect, and looked more like Hillary than her own parents. But then again, maybe the facial features skipped and went onto another generation. It could be possible, Sarah thought. Nevertheless, Sarah felt as though somehow something was awfully strange with the connections between Hillary and herself.


Entering their classroom, which was much bigger than the room the first years had been in when they had their initiation, every head turned to them, their eyes haunted from the candle light that flicked when they opened the door. Serge was in the front of the class, and for a second before he realized that Hillary had walked in, his eyes shot nasty glances at Sarah, Madison and especially Simon.
‘Serge, these students will need their outfits.’ Hillary immediately said, giving Sarah and Madison a significant shove forward into the classroom.
‘Of course Lady Hillary, I shall get them this instant.’ Serge waved his hand, and three black outfits gently landed on his desk in front of him. ‘Well, come on, you need to come and put them on in the washrooms, and quickly now, I’ll make an exception to wait for you today, because of the circumstances, but I won’t be doing that ever again.’ Serge warned, waving his hand once more so that the cloaks shot across the room and fell into their hands. Celina waved at Sarah and Madison happily, but they merely nodded their heads quickly giving each other irritated glances.
‘The washrooms are just down the hall, they have a candle on the wall between the girls and the boys, off you go.’ Serge snapped when they did not move, and that made them quickly leave the classroom in search for the washrooms.


When Sarah pulled out the clothes from the bag, she almost laughed, thinking that maybe it was a joke. They were all dresses from the 1500’s or at least around there, and probably the clothes that the women wore in Foria.
One dress was silky white with long sleeves; the bottom of the dress hanging around Sarah’s feet, and another was a forest green, similar to the white dress but had more of a forest design on the sleeves and hem of the dress. The best-looking dress was the black one, a low cut tight fitting dress with shoulder straps and fell of course to her feet and a white under shirt that covered the rest of the arms and went to her knees. Moreover, of course with all the dresses, there was a black and grey cloak with a large hood that could easily hide Sarah’s face when she would put it on.
Sarah decided on a dark red dress with sleeves to her elbow and a long flowing skirt with a strange language printed on the bottom at the hem. She clasped her grey cloak over her shoulders and finally exited her stall, only to see Madison just leaving her stall as well, wearing the black dress with the white under shirt or whatever you wanted to call it.
They almost jumped with shock from each other, but were quick to examine each other, both starting to laugh at each other in their hilarious dresses that would completely humiliate them if they were to ever where those in town.
‘Well, let’s see what Simon has to wear, and no matter what it is, we have to laugh at him, okay?’ Sarah said as Madison finally caught her breath from her laughing and was gasping for air, her cheeks flushed and tears in her eyes, which she rapidly wiped away.
They left the washroom, and waited outside the boy’s washroom for Simon. After a long time of waiting, they wondered if maybe he had left for the class already, because boys never took as long to get ready as girls did. Sarah and Madison went to the door and softly placed their ears on the door, and after they only heard silence, Sarah gently tapped on the door.
‘What!’ Simon cried out, his voice sounding hysterical to Sarah and Madison. They glanced at each other, both of them frowning with confusion and wonder as to why he was still in the bathroom.
‘Simon, it’s Sarah.’ She paused, looking at Madison for what to say, but Madison merely shrugged. ‘Are you okay?’ she politely asked, but was quickly interrupted when Simon pulled the door open making Sarah and Madison stumbled, since that was their only support.
‘Look at what I have to wear!’ he exclaimed, revealing his clothes to the girls, who had to hurriedly smother their laughter as soon as they saw what he wore.
Simon wore a dark blue tunic with beige pants that was the style in those days, and at his waist a belt and stealth to hold a sword. His clothes weren’t nearly as detailed as the girls were, but they all had a good laugh looking at each other’s clothes that they wore, and soon were off to the class to face the rest of the students and to see what clothes that they were wearing.

‘At least we have to wear the same kind of dresses as Celina and Stephanie.’ Sarah whispered to Madison. Madison didn’t respond. Her hands her crossed over one another and her eyes were giving Serge a piercing glare as he explained about Elements and their abilities. She also wasn’t very cheerful with the fact that Ryley sat in front of her, and kept turning around telling Madison he already knew about all the things that Serge was speaking about.
Simon sat with Ryley, though they never spoke one syllable to each other since Simon sat down and Sarah didn’t even think that they even glanced at each other, though Simon did turn and sometimes talk with Sarah.
‘You four back there, stop talking to one another or I will throw one of you into the dark room, and you don’t want to ever be in the dark room.’ Serge threatened nastily. Ryley rolled his eyes, but he remained silent, glaring harshly at Serge as if he were going to try and hurt him by his eyes. It reminded Sarah of the same look that was coming from Madison’s own eyes, and yet Madison and Ryley seemed to hate each other, when they had quite a lot in common.
‘Now I’m sure you all remember all of your talents that have come along with your necklaces, and if you don’t, well then maybe you don’t belong here.’
His eyes gazed over every student suspiciously and especially Celina, who appeared to be very nervous in her seat, which was closest to Serge.
‘Who remembers the talent that Hillary has given them?’ Serge asked his voice more gentle than before. Everyone was hesitant for only a moment before every hand slowly raised in the air. Serge smiled mockingly. ‘Okay then, that’s a start. Now I am going to teach you how to use your powers to your own advantages, and I will give you all your own weapons.’
Colby, who was a thief, got a small dagger, Stephanie received a petite golden orb, and Damien what appeared to be a ninja's weapon, two hand held sharp ends. Angel also got a dagger like Colby and Celina was the first to receive a large staff that had a golden circle with strange designs woven into it, and at first glance, Celina squealed happily and took her staff tenderly into her hands. Troy of course was to receive a sword; more little gems placed upon its handle, Simon also received a staff with its own unique design of arches a top of it. Then Ryley as well got his own sword, his handle shaped oddly and was pitch black, but that only meant that Sarah was now to receive her weapon. She got an honourable weapon which was far different from Damien's, it was held in your hand, but it had two sides that pulled back close to her hand, and appeared to have razor sharp edges. Its handle was woven with black leather, and the rest of her weapon was coloured a dark red just like blood and the blade caught and reflected every beam of light that splashed upon it.
Finally, Madison received her own orb just like Stephanie, only her colour was pure black, intriguing Sarah and Madison as to why it was that colour. Serge made his way back to the front of the class, and after everyone had stopped examining their weapons, Serge smiled, and beckoned someone to come forward. Every students head spun around curiously, and saw four other teachers approach Serge, their eyes observing the students with as much curiosity as they received.
‘These four teacher and I will now teach you your abilities, and we will have to do this for as long as it takes until you have it right. Of course I’m sure you have all realized that there is another student within this class that has the same ability as you, so I am warning you now, you will have to rely on each other for many things, so do not hate each other.’ Serge smirked, as each of the four teachers stopped and waited. ‘Thieves go with the first teacher, mages with the second, Ninja’s with the third, warrior’s with the fourth, and psychic’s stay with me.’
Madison gasped and immediately hid her head in her arms angrily. Sarah hesitated, looking upon her teacher and watching as Ryley and Simon left with their own teachers, and slightly laughed when she saw Celina immediately begin chatting away with Simon.
When Damien was standing with the teacher, Sarah finally raised herself from her table and joined Damien.
‘I suppose I’ll see you later then Madison.’ Sarah said almost sullenly for she had never been split apart from Madison her whole life, and now everyone was doing that exact thing.
‘Yeah, wait for me outside the building when this is all over.’ Madison replied, her voice slightly muffled because her head was still in her hands. Sarah nodded and sighed heavily.
‘Are you ready to go Sarah Turner?’ her teacher asked. He was a tall Japanese man, his dark eyes narrow but very friendly, his skin perfect and bronze. He wore a white and red robe that hid his hands and feet, and had a belt that held a beautiful flower upon it.
‘Then let us go to our room. By the time I am done with you, you will both be the best ninja’s that Hillary will ever have seen. Come along now, your friend will be safe with Serge, he is the most talented psychic I have ever known, other than Hillary herself of course.’ He said pleasantly. Sarah was only slightly relieved to hear that, but she still didn’t trust Serge very much, but remained silent as she followed Damien and her new teacher out of the classroom. There was something about Serge that warned her to not trust him, and she believed what her heart said than some wise old man. She only wondered what Madison could possibly think about Serge, but she didn’t think it was too nice either, and thought that she would ask later on.

Outside of the school, a shadow slinked its way across the grounds, unnoticed by the birds or Hillary who stood looking out her window. It chuckled under its breath, knowing that his plan was going exactly the way that he wanted it to. Soon he would have Sarah, and then everything would be over for Hillary, because with the silver crystal, he would be able to detect all the other crystal pieces.
The shadow disappeared into the forest and melding with the shadows, his laugh trailing across the grounds making two crows fly away from the building away in terror.



© Copyright 2005 fallen angel (UN: vc_andrewsfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fallen angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351562-Chapter-6-Transformation