*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/363113-Just-when-I-thought-Id-have-a-blue-week
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#363113 added July 31, 2005 at 9:57pm
Restrictions: None
Just when I thought I'd have a blue week
Well, wouldn't you just know it. Just when I was doing so well making the week all blue the stupid modem devil strikes again. Yesterday morning, no internet. I tried a few of my regular troubleshooting to no avail and because I had the family dinner to content with I didn't fuss too much. Had a lot of housework and cooking to get done instead.

My allergy reaction had mostly settled down, still had swollen hands and feet which makes me think that perhaps I was bitten by something. With the ant problems I have it was probably an ant. Anyway, today I'm much better. The swelling is all gone and everything else is back to normal.

And, even better still, the guy on the helpdesk at Bdigital actually knew what he was doing and got me up and running again in minutes. I could have done it myself on Sunday but I didn't remember the log in details for the modem details page. I've got that written down now.

He also told me there is a known problem with the modems getting too hot. My modem was really hot yesterday so I expect he's right to guess that could have been the problem. He's told me he props his on it's side so it doesn't overheat (the air vents and on the bottom). I'm giving this a shot since it definately happens with regularity that relates to a problem from overheating.

The good news is (at least for some) that I'm back online and I'll get the last day of the month blue even if I did miss a day this week. It's already August here in Australia, hey I better go pinch and punch Josh before it's too late. *Wink*

The dogs jacket can't have been the cause of my allergy reaction because the reaction has settled down now and the jacket is still in residence on my dog. I'm thinking either a bite from something (strange because I don't recall getting bitten and no particular part was worse than the rest of me) or the prawn crackers. Assuming things stay cleared up I'll probably test the cracker theory next week. Then if I react again I'll know for a fact that's what it was and can stay away from them.

That's it for me today because with the trouble with the modem I'm a bit behind on the day so I've got to keep this short. I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. *waves*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/363113-Just-when-I-thought-Id-have-a-blue-week