*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/363902-Auction-Food-and-Masks
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #554904
Just Jul Lee is just me. I write my thoughts and observations.
#363902 added August 4, 2005 at 7:15pm
Restrictions: None
Auction, Food and Masks
Auction, Food and Masks
DATE: July 23, 2005


Skipped breakfast.

I was way too tired to get up. Either that or I was way too lazy to get up. Whichever one sounds better to you, go with that one. I got read for the auction and was there in time for the pre-viewing of the items up for grabs.

There were so many things I wanted! I picked out at least 20 items, knowing that most of them I could never even hope to bid on for my cash was limited. The auction just showed yet another creative aspect of the members of Writing.Com.

To spare you the cut throat bidding details, I ended up spending $125.00 at the auction and had to spend a long time later working out the packing details since I managed to buy a metal mixing bowl and a basket, forgetting that I had luggage, not a car.

After the auction, we had 2 hours of free time. I called my mom and chatted with her about yesterday and the auction and whatnot, found a Bank of America nearby and proceeded to get cash for the trip to NYC the following day.

Then it was time to get ready for the Masquerade Ball.

As it was with every formal in my life, actually, EVERYTHING in my life, I waited until the last moment to get dressed. Beyond the Cloud9 , Tevie and Sarah Rae were all waiting on me. I finally went into the bathroom and draped myself in the formal gown my mom purchased, complete with feather boa, feather gloves, silver beaded necklaces and feather mask. I also donned some pretty nifty earrings.

We arrived at cocktail hour and I took quite a few pictures, had folks take pictures of me to satisfy my mom and then I settled down at my table to wait. Eventually, the room was packed with members and the food was being served.

As with other organized events, we had assigned seating. Beyond the Cloud9 and I sat together (poor Beyond the Cloud9 !) and Sarah Rae and Tevie sat at the table near ours. We were served Cream of Mushroom soup, followed by salad, then prime rib. For dessert, we had cake and ice cream.

Then The StoryMaster and The StoryMistress handed out awards and merit badges to those who deserved them. Tends to be the norm, eh? I didn’t get one *Frown* !

Finally, the dancing began. Folks trickled to their rooms to change into their normal clothes and faces (little masquerade joke there…ahem) if our group of writers can be called normal at any juncture, and the dance floor was always crowded.

I finally returned to the room to change (they played my request, Bon Jovi Always, a few minutes after I left) and came back with camera in hand to get my last photos and autograph book at the ready for a last ditch effort to have those I missed sign.

Once the dance was over, I ended up in the lounge signing the two shirts placed there with permanent markers (one for The StoryMaster , the other for The StoryMistress , for those nosy folks reading this *Bigsmile* ) and then sat and chatted with the other night owls, saying my good-byes.

Finally, my eyelids grew heavy and I said good night and went to the room to pack.

Sarah Rae was reading, Beyond the Cloud9 was on the internet and Tevie was out living it up, burning the candle at both ends, or maybe she was just playing with the glowsticks given to us by The StoryMaster . I actually managed to pack everything nice and neatly into my duffel, garment bag and carry-on, unroll my blanket onto the ground, say good night to Sarah Rae and Beyond the Cloud9 , lay my head upon the too soft pillow (those pillows seriously needed some firming up), set my alarm on my cell phone for 5:00 am, shut my eyes and slept.

© Copyright 2005 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/363902-Auction-Food-and-Masks