*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/365977-UWW-gets-some-personal-notes-from-Sunflower
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#365977 added August 13, 2005 at 10:46pm
Restrictions: None
UWW gets some personal notes from Sunflower
I thought I'd gotten through the summer without a bout of mania, but I have to admit to a little the past few days. It's only a small thing compared to other manic things that have taken me over in the summer. The worst was that expensive, just get up and go trip to Vegas summer before last. Bipolars get to where they can't help but spend money. Well, I have not taken to robbing banks, so the spending (without credit cards which I finally cut up) is under the budget somewhere, managing okay for me. But I did stay up for two days straight, and I managed an overwhelming task--for one who was flooded with adrenalin.

I'm really jazzed that Kristy Mouse has appointed me as one of her Point Moderators for the Ultimate Writer's Workshop. As a points mod, you just need to double check what people send in as responses to get points for, but I kind of had the feeling that others might be as confused as I was. So, being a writer, I decided to write some notes about what's going on with the point to the people signed up for the workshop.

In doing some background reading, I saw that if the workshop participants keep their responses in a separate book item that they get 50 points, like for organization. Plus if everyone keeps their info in the same format, it's easier for everyone to read each others work--which is something I wanted to do anyhow. So I wrote a little friendly "howdy there" note with the information about points.

There are 83 people in the workshop, and a dropped them all a little e-mail about setting up the prompt responses in a book, rather than a folder. I hadn't been getting much e-mail, but I did get a few more than normal the next couple of days.

To tackle an overwhelming task like 83 semi-personal notes is a symptom of mania. I great big task that nobody asked me to do--it just seemed like a way to help get the workshop organized, and to touch base with everyone. Not bad mania, as far as I'm concerned. I slept for two days straight when I finished, so I guess I'm on an even keel again, hopefully.

It felt good to accomplish a big task like that. It was something I wanted to do to prove to myself I could. And I did. It feels good to contribute to a cause, and I bet I'll be on a better sleeping schedule now. Only two months, and I'll be dealing with depression that keeps me from getting anything at all accomplished. Good ole Seasonal Affective Depression. Maybe I can beat that too this year.

Hope the hypomania isn't all over yet. I called for a carpet cleaning this coming Friday, and it's going to take a lot of energy and "sticktoitiveness" to get the furniture moved around and get all the stuff up from the floor. But tonight I feel like I CAN get it done in a few days. I have till Friday, and well, I always work best under deadlines. At least I did in college. It's not so easy with writing deadlines, and I've got a big one coming around soon.

I think I've 86ed a creep in my life too, so everything is going along fine, now. If you're interested in the creep, check out the latest section of "Butch" in my short story folder.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/365977-UWW-gets-some-personal-notes-from-Sunflower