*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/372292-121704---Camp-Wilderness
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1010229
A collection of my flash fiction. Most was written for the Daily Flash Fiction Challenge.
#372292 added September 11, 2005 at 9:32pm
Restrictions: None
12/17/04 - Camp Wilderness
Camp Wilderness
By: Robert Watson



“Welcome to Camp Wilderness,” the camp manager boomed through a large megaphone. A man dressed in a bear costume danced and waved wildly beside him, greeting us as we stepped off the bus.

It was a beautiful day outside: the sun was shining, the birds were singing, the lake was glistening in front of us. It was a perfect day to be anywhere else but here.

“Make yourself at home and start unpacking your belongings in the dormitories. The counselors will guide you to your assigned building. In promptly one hour, we will all meet back here and go over the rules and activities that will rule your life for the next month.”

Suddenly, the man in the bear costume swung his claws at the camp manager and struck him alongside the head. He dropped to the ground, dead. The murderer quickly ran off into the thick woods. We all just starred blankly at the manager’s wide eyes locked in surprise.

“Who wants to go paddling on the lake?” one of the counselors asked enthusiastically.

“Can I go home?” one of the younger kids asked.

“Home? What are you talking about? This is home!” the man replied. “This will always be your home. Now, we’re going to go teach you youngins how to swim.” He grinned evilly.

“What’s going on here?” I piped up.

A few of the kids giggled softly. They pointed at me and I wondered what they were laughing about.

“Quiet!” barked one of the counselors. “Boy, put on some clothes before we feed you to the leeches!”

I felt myself reddened as I looked down and discovered I was standing there in my underwear. At that moment, all I wanted to do was run away from this place.

And then I woke up from my nightmare.

Words: 300
© Copyright 2005 Robert Watson (UN: jsbulldog89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Watson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/372292-121704---Camp-Wilderness