*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/383063
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1028556
A story about David who rediscovers his faith in God, and an Angel who earns her name.
#383063 added July 21, 2006 at 3:15am
Restrictions: None
Learning about David
         Angel finds herself immersed in loud sounds everywhere. Angel's senses are overwhelmed with things she could not quite comprehend. She turns around, her eyes searching, and feels herself being knocked to the ground as a large truck whooshes past, its horn blazing a trail. Looking into the face of her rescuer she realizes it is David. Their eyes meet and she could see deep into his soul. He was very troubled indeed.David, feeling uncomfortable by her gaze, stood and helps her up.


         "Lady, watch where you're standing. That truck almost made you a pancake." He turns to walk away again when she calls out his name.





          "David, wait!"





          Everything stopped as the resonance of the Celestial tongue touches the very souls of anyone named David. spectators turn to stare, and she realizes she had not spoken in the language called English. Feeling foolish, she coughs and looks at David, choosing her words more carefully, she speaks.


         "Thank you." she smiles, reaching a hand out. "Shall we be off?"





         "Be off to where miss? I have to go. See ya" David turns and walks off, leaving Angel behind. She follows him to see where he was going to. David turns off into an alley and meets with some youths. They began walking and talking in some lingo that Angel could not follow right away. Angel folows them until David breaks off and enters a large apartment building. Angel follows closely, needing to find out how she can best assist young David. As she walks up the steps, Angel noticed a little girl crying on the steps. Angel couldn't leave her there crying, so she sit down next to her.


         "Why are you crying Mary Jane?" Angel instinctively knew the child's name. Mary Jane looks at her curiously.


         "How'd you know my name?" Mary Jane asks, her tears stopping for now.


         "Because I am an Angel, I know everyone's names. Why are you crying?" Angel asks again, smiling gently to reassure the child.


         "My mommy is very sad because no one can watch me while she goes to work, so she won't go to work." Mary Jane answers, wiping her tears. She couldn't cry in front of an angel after all. "You're a real live angel? With wings and a halo and everything?"


         "Yes, I am a real live angel. Wings and halo and everything." Angel replies, grinning as Mary looks her over. "How about I watch you? Then your mommy can go to work."


         "Oh would you?! That would make mommy happy." Mary Jane smiles and stands up, brushing wrinkles out of her pretty dress. "Let's go...uh..what's your name?"





Angel stops, she didn't have a name. She hadn't earned one yet. She thought about what to say. "My name is..." Angel looks around, the need for a name pressing her for a quick answer. The street sign she had passed said it was Cerafin road. That had potential. "Serfina, You can call me Sera."


         "That's a pretty name, Sera."


         "Thank you. Let's go find your mommy." Angel urges, holding her hand out for Mary Jane to take, looking over her shoulder suddenly, as if something was there. Mary Jane leads her inside the apartment complex and up the stairs to her apartment. The door was still open so they walk in together. Mary Jane's mother was on the couch watching TV. She looks up as Mary Jane brings a new friend inside.


         "Who are you?" She asks suspiciously, rising from the couch quickly. Angel drops Mary Jane's hand and pushes her gently towards her mother.


         "I'm Sera. Mary Jane told me you needed a babysitter for her so you could go to work." Angel explains cheerfully.


         "Oh really? You're a babysitter? What do you charge?" She relaxs a little and Angel sighs in relief, but this monetary thing..what to charge?


         "Well, I sort of need a place to stay. If I could sleep on your couch I will watch Mary Jane for free." Angel offers, watching the woman's reaction for approval. The creases in the older woman's brow seem to disappear and she relaxes her pose.


         "We'll see when I get home." She says quickly as she grabs her purse and car keys. "My name's Janet. Food's in the fridge, help yourself." Then she darts out the door leaving Angel and Mary Jane alone again.


         "So what do you want to do?" Mary Jane asks as she sits on the couch. Sera thinks about it a minute, then looks around the apartment, going in and out of every room, then coming back to Mary Jane.


         "I think you should finish your schoolwork, then we'll tidy up a bit and go outside. It is a pleasant day outside, we don't want to waste a good day." Sera suggests, smiling as she reaches for Mary Jane's hand and helps her to her feet. The schoolwork and tidying took very little time to do, and after making sure Mary Jane had a snack, she takes the little girl's hand and lead her towards the door.














** Image ID #963058 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #841973 Unavailable **





© Copyright 2006 Skyaire (UN: chrysanthys at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Skyaire has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/383063