*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/391901-Chapter-6
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Book · Action/Adventure · #1033783
Part 1 10 chapters.
#391901 added December 11, 2005 at 2:39pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 6
Gypsies are thought to have a well-developed skill of wordless communication. They may also have a flair for drama. Combine those factors with rumors of their fierce ability to fight and undying loyalty to their clan, and you have a people shrouded in mystery. These clans were originally thought to be out of Egypt, hence the name. Well known as nomads in the western world, several factors marked a gap between the old ways and the new ways. Namely those factors were ownership of property and the subsequent formal education associated with becoming part of a community. The people never forgot who they were and how they survived.
A gypsy network of sorts, Max’s extended family assisted greatly in gathering information, which allowed Max to discover the existence of Jimmy. Further investigation led Max to believe that Jimmy had a large support network. This was included in his report.
Max had always harbored strong desires for his family’s security, and years of dedication to his employer had made that security realized. However, this new threat had started to pull all those unspoken questions from the furthest recesses of his mind. He knew his job and he had the desire to do it better than anyone else could. So far he had done just that. Max quickly dismissed his fears by resolving to help his master quell this latest threat.
Having delivered his report, Max waited for the usual barrage of questions.
“Do you really believe my Brother could have become so careless?” Alfons was a bit impatient but maintained a cool exterior.
“I am merely reporting facts and summarizing the conclusions I have drawn. Whether or not this James individual played a part in your brothers’ untimely demise, I have no proof.” Proffering his reply with a bowed head, Max thought, “Grumpy,” Max’s internal dialogue had a condescending tone with the word.
Alfons heard the word and cut his eyes to glare at his most faithful servant. Max had not been insolent in his last twenty years of service to Alfons.
“My answer was much too curt,” Max continued his internal dialogue, “I definitely need a nap. It must be Jet lag.” Max had carried his eyes to the chandelier. “Needs dusting, I must remember to tell Bernard.”
Looking directly at Max, Alfons blinked to clear his sight. He could hear Max speak, but did not see his lips move. Slowly Alfons realized he could hear Max's thoughts. Another gift from the loss of his brother. All Vampires have at least limited powers of telepathy. The most common is the ability to seduce, or plant suggestions. Alfons could communicate telepathically to his mistresses, but not to anyone else. Even his sister’s thoughts were silent to him, which he thought odd, but attributed it to their natural bloodline. He had known of this gift, even some of the vampire he sired, claimed to have received it, but Alfons never did. Alfons turned to hide his facial expression of wonder from Max. This was a most welcome power.
“You have done well, Maxwell. How is your family?” Alfons had never been able to read Max, and he wanted more.
“We prosper under your benevolence, my Lord, “ Max said aloud. Then internally he said, “Thank you, Lord.”
Alfons’ vanity allowed him to believe he was the Lord whom Max thanked in his thoughts.
“Get some rest, Maxwell. I expect to be needing your services again in the very near future.” Alfons turned his attention to some documents on his desk and wondered if this new gift would finally give him more control over his sister.
Anna lived in the United States, and she traveled extensively throughout the Americas. He briefly entertained the thought of giving her address to this Jimmy person, but immediately dismissed it. Once I am no longer in need of her, I can destroy her and the secret she carries. I want the pleasure to myself, he thought.
Shaking with the rage his dependence and weakness for Anna invoked, he looked through the window and pictured Anna’s petit frame. He hated and needed her, in more than one way. A weakness he despised. His only relief in the past had been to murder some hapless girl that resembled her. Just the thought pleased him, and he set out to do just that.



© Copyright 2005 scarzack (UN: scarzack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scarzack has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/391901-Chapter-6