*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393242-Keeping-Your-Vittles-Down
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #1031057
My thoughts on everything from albacore tuna to zebras
#393242 added December 17, 2005 at 4:05pm
Restrictions: None
Keeping Your Vittles Down
Yeah, now this is what I’m talkin about. It’s been three days since I worshipped the porcelain God. My appetite is back, no nausea and my energy level is steadily climbing. Woke up at 5 AM to write a story for the Cramp. Wrote it, then reread the prompt and realized it didn’t meet the requirements so I never posted it. Shame too, it’s a good story. If you want to read it here it is:
 Landing The Big One  (E)
"Don’t try to land’m until he’s tuckered out!”
#1046827 by Rasputin


Helped Linda bake Christmas cookies, put a salmon in the smoker to cure and made three sticks of deer bologna. Now that’s what I call a productive day. Was going to stop this morning and see about the crossbow at a local sporting goods store that’s advertising a 12 month same as cash deal, but I called them last night and they told me not to come in until Monday when they can check my credit rating. Was going to ask, if it’s the same as cash, then what does my credit rating matter, but then I just smiled and said see you on Monday. Should be no problem with the credit.

The sun is shining and it’s a fine winter day here, even though winter doesn’t start for another few days. I’m hoping we get a snowfall on Christmas Eve. I always like that. Brand spanking new white snow to wake up to on Christmas morning. Adds a certain peace and purity to the day.

I keep wrestling with what to make for Christmas. We had turkey for Thanksgiving and the general consensus appears to be to do the same for Christmas but I’m in the mood for something different. I was thinking beef brisket but youngest doesn’t like beef. Any ideas? I’m going to be doing nothing but cooking this next week or so. Wednesday I have to take a crock pot full of homemade kielbasa and sauerkraut in to the office for our annual Christmas luncheon. The following Tuesday I have to do it all over again for the Red Cross Blood Drive, only with meatballs and sauce. I can’t donate blood (another one of illnesses I’ll tell you about one day) so I try to help out in other ways. We usually get a good turnout, but that’s because we feed everybody well. *Smile* Pretty soon I need to start supper. A venison steak for me and a beef steak for my wife. She doesn’t know whats good for her…except for me of course. *Smile*



Read my Blog!!!

http://www2.Writing.Com/authors/joeumholtz/blog


 How do you feel about your writing?  (E)
Do you and your readers agree/disagree on your best stories?
#795405 by Rasputin


 Pick Your Prompt  (18+)
Do you like to write to prompts?Have a prompt contest? This is the place for you.
#819961 by Rasputin

My Christmas present from Sultry
Sig made for me by Melissa
Rasputin fishing

~~Image #4000 Sharing Restricted~~

© Copyright 2005 Rasputin (UN: joeumholtz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rasputin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393242-Keeping-Your-Vittles-Down