*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/396422-Awake
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#396422 added January 3, 2006 at 9:31am
Restrictions: None
Awake
after falling asleep at five this morning, i had to get up at eight to take my mom to work, so that i could keep the car, so that i can pick my grandmother up from the metro at twelve, so that i can take her to aunt julia's, so that she can play scrabble and eat potato soup. all of which, says oduduwa, is pretty weak, "except for the scrabble and the soup."

he's awake because it's only six-fourteen in california, and as he hasn't slept yet, he's still in yesterday. (which makes me insanely jealous because he's still got probably ten, twelve hours of sleep ahead of him, whereas i won't get to sleep again for probably the next eighteen.) he can be counted on to be awake and chatty at pretty much any hour of the day or night, which is good; i don't need an excuse to fall asleep again. (i've got this very clear vision of myself still in bed at noon, with granna calling frantically from the metro station, totally soaking wet from the rain in her windbreaker and hair bonnet. tragic.)

od (oh dee) had a raging crush on me freshman and sophomore year, which i found out because he accidentally told marcus about it. it was and is some of the purest admiration i've ever been subject to. he thinks i'm "an original," some sort of untapped bohemian treasure, that nobody else sees what he sees in me. i never liked him back, unfortunately, and not only because marcus entered the picture at approximately the same time, a little earlier. his (od's) moods and actions are totally unpredictable; he is a drama major, and appropriately dramatic--the kind of person where you can never tell whether he's actually drunk (or high or happy or distraught) or just using said condition as an excuse to totally abandon his self-control. which is a common theme, with me: the people who really like me and think i'm a treasure tend to be absurdly theatrical, difficult to totally understand, less than trustworthy in their affections.

anyway. currently he's telling me this story about some hookers he met in los angeles, something to do with a brown shower, and so i think i'm leaving.

© Copyright 2006 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/396422-Awake