*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399610-Siblings
by Aradne
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1010479
Not interesting at all. Just like me.
#399610 added January 18, 2006 at 1:36am
Restrictions: None
Siblings,
....and silly things like that....

Time for relationship outlines!!!! I'll do it chronologically, to make things as fair as possible:

Pete: Pete's the oldest. My half brother, on my dad's side, he was 14 when I was born. We've never really gotten to know each other. The last time we talked was prior to Christmas... last year.

That's right. It's been a year or more since I've talked to my eldest brother. And when we did talk, it was him telling me that I should major in business, and me saying, "Uh-huh," a lot.

He once invited me to his house in California for a week. So I went. It was the last time that I really worked on our relationship. This was 5 years ago, though.

My latest news on him: last year, he got divorced. I have no idea when.

Jordan: Jordan was also 14 when I was born. (He's my half-brother on Mom's side, but we pretty much consider each other whole-siblings) He got married when I was 9, and has been having kids ever since.

He's got 4 of them, ages 10, 8, 4 and almost 2. They are ALL boys. (my poor sister-in-law!)

Jordan and I always got on okay. He'd talk and I'd listen. Since I am a talkative little blabbermouth, I struggle to do this sometimes.

Lately, though, he's shown much more interest in my life.

I saw him last night, when I watched his kids for him while he and his wife went on a date. Although he didn't call me at all last school year, he's now called me 3 or 4 times this year. I'm closer to him now that I'm older... and farther away.

The latest news from Jordan: Uh, erm.... his oldest now has more responsibilities (and his own room) due to being a double-digit. (he's 10 now...)

Maureen:Maureen was 11 when I was born. Maureen put up with shit that you wouldn't want to imagine WHILE she raised me.

When she was 18, she moved away, and only barely stayed in touch.

Now, we hardly talk. We talked in August, and chatted once or twice online, discussed baby names, nothing important, really.

Speaking of babies, Maureen is about to have her fourth baby in February sometime. She's also been married for 10 years.

Maureen and I don't really talk for many reasons. Some are her fault, some are mine. Some are *not* my fault, but she can't blame anyone except me for them.

The latest news from Maureen is that she might name her baby Gretchyn.

Annabelle:Although she was 7 when I was born, Anna (aka Eliza) and I have always been pretty close. She took up raising me where Maureen left off, and remained my friend too.

We became especially close last year, when I moved to her city, where my college is located. We'd hang out, catch up, stuff like that.

Then she moved back to our 'hometown'. We call each other 4-7 times a week, and we text 260 times a month or so. *Wink*

She's recently tried to stop treating me like a child (ie: chiding me for walking home alone in the dark)

I would venture to say that she's one of my 3 or 4 best friends. Hell, I'd more than venture. She is. She's been almost everything to me until recently, when I started being a person of my own.

News on Anna is that she's prolly going to Tulsa for spring break! (btw, we've got roughly the same amount of credits, due to her 5 year career before she started school. it gives us even more common ground)

Aradne: Oh wait, that's me. I can't talk about myself!

Well, actually, due to my opinion of myself from last year, yes I can, and should.

Myself and I have been getting along much better recently. I give myself some space, and I've stopped being so critical (and tough on myself). I'm more fun to be around nowadays.

My spiritual life has been amazing. You know those days when it's tough to make yourself read your Bible? I hardly have those anymore. I'm making my way through Acts.

My latest news? Um.... I'm getting new glasses next week. They're horn-rimmed!!!

Ivy (Ivy Frozen/Rater Moon ): Ivy's the best. As you probably know, she's my twin. *Wink*

But honestly, the relationship between twins is nearly impossible for singletons to understand. But everyone knows that Ivy's the cute motivated one, and I'm the one that changes her handle every couple minutes. *Wink*

(She should've gotten green, but I was too lazy to switch my tags around... *Blush*)

Lank: Lancoln is a trip. One minute our relationship is awesome. The next minute he ignores me.

I dunno. He's 16 months younger than me. He's my only full-blooded brother...

We can fight and not get mad. I can tell him that I hate him, and he doesn't believe me one tiny bit. We tease back and forth.... And then he's a pushy asshole.

I kinda wish that he wasn't so much like Dad in some ways... He always has to be right. He always has to win. From trivial things like arguments, to larger things. Important things.

I blame myself in part. I was instigating something horrible over Christmas, and we never really did settle it.

But I'm on the phone with him now, so I'll talk to you later!

© Copyright 2006 Aradne (UN: ilianna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aradne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399610-Siblings