*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399887-Part-2--Mission-Bound-And-B-List-ed-We-Go
Rated: GC · Book · Action/Adventure · #1059158
Suduction. Lust. Desire. Hate. Love. Suddenly, being with your rival seems almost good.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#399887 added January 18, 2006 at 8:55am
Restrictions: None
Part 2- Mission-Bound And B-List-ed, We Go
POV- Gabriel

We walk in the door. It's tastefully decorated, not exactly suitable to a Commander's office, but it was temporary and got the job done. He told us to sit down, which we did. He blew another smoke ring, which was one of the things that annoyed me about him.

I turned to Aeona. She was a frightful site. Her complextion was deathly pale, her features frozen and sad looking. Her bottom lip was quivering, a combination of her growing nerves and the fact that she was trying to avoid crying and visibly shaking. I knew this; I'd known her for awhile and I could read her like a book. Knowing exactly how to comfort her, I wrapped an arm around her shoulders. She tried her hardest to smile, but instead nodded, as to show appreciation for the gesture.

Nelson blew another smoke ring, much to my annoyance. "Lawson, this is three straight failures. You a A-List. A-List doesn't fail. I have no choice, but to demote you to B-List." There. Typical Nelson; so fucking straightforward that he could bring any person with a heart to tears.

Aeona sniffled, stifling what I could have sworn was a sob. This is a strange sight; I don't think I've ever seen Aeona cry before. But I've never seen her be demoted before. But there she was, visible tears reluctantly rolling down her cheeks. Part of me wishes I had a camera to help me this moment forever, but I'm not going to be mean like that when she needs me to be supportive of her. I hold her closer to me, and she proceeds to sob onto my shoulder as I stroke her hair.

I know what your thinking. And you are wrong. I don't like Aeona. I couldn't like Aeona. She's too moody. And she has hair color ADD. Seriously, she doesn't keep the same hair color for more than two weeks. She's too serious about work. She has sky high standards. She beat me up when we were ten. She doesn't like it when her boyfriends flirt with other girls. She's like the annoying older sister I never had. I couldn't like her. Couldn't I?

Seeing Aeona cry is strange. She's usually the stronger one of both of us. She's seen me cry before. Before I turned 15, I used to be a weeping flower. I'm not proud of that fact though. But watching her cry feels like reverse deja vu. I guess it takes a bunch of shit to turn her into a submissive puppy.

Nelson is chuckling. What a fucking bastard. What, does he enjoy people's misery and pain. What a dick.

I give him a glare. I would have given him the finger, but he'd demote me to C-List. It sucks for him to be my superior.

He stops chuckling, and blows another fucking smoke ring. I'm seriously an inch for taking out my rifle and blowing his fucking head off. "But...you have a chance to redeem yourself. A mission."

A mission. A fucking mission. She's failed 3 in a row, and you give her another one, that's probably going to fucking kill her. She nearly died last time. But of course, to Nelson, a mission is the ultimate redeption. Seriously, this mission must me assassinating him, or I'm quitting and joining the army. It would be a helluvalot better than sticking around her.

"According to our leasions from Litoa Academy, the region of Litoa is planning an attack in this area. They are trying to domanate the world. You are to investage, tell us whay you find, then assassinate their superior. Do you accept?" Nelson blows another smoke ring, annoying me further. If I had no self-control, he'd be a bleeding mess by now. Bastard.

Aeona removes her head from my shoulder, and regains her composure. It's amazing how she can do that. I always fail miserably. "Yes sir." she says shakily, meekly. It's surprising how the tables can turn in the presence of the bastard sitting opposite to me.

Nelson leans back into his chair, which isn't much bigger than him. And it's a large chair. What can I say, for a miliary man, he has to be the heaviest man I've seen. It's crazy. "Okay, you leave at 1700 hours tomorrow. Be ready with your mission clothes and your daggers. Your car will be there at that time. Don't be late."

With that, we both got up, and went to exit his office, but a deep smoker's voice stopped us. "Tempest." Nelson said, the pipe in his mouth slurring his words slightly. I turn around at the sound of my name, and face the plump man that I despised so much.

"Y'sir." I reply cooly, a recovering Aeona latched onto my arm. Nelson motions for me to return to the office, and I comply. I don't really want to, but he's my superior, and what he says goes.

"Tempest, Miss Lawson needs someone to go on the mission with her. As an unfufilled A-List, you are perfect for the job. You will be accompaning Miss Lawson of the mission, do y'hear?" he smiles at me smugly, that bastard.

He didn't. He did not just put me on a mission with that bitch. Unfufilled? Who cares if I've never been on an A-List mission before. Perfect for the job? I can't be with her. We are a terrible team. We are both leaders, and have independant ideas. Why does he always assume that Aeona and me are going to be the dreamteam. This sucks balls. This sucks monkey balls. This sucks dick.

I swear, that fat guys ass is going to be shot. But if I shoot him...I'll have to upclose on his ass. Oh what a horrendous mental picture that would be...





© Copyright 2006 Unperfect Perfection (UN: snowbunnie333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Unperfect Perfection has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399887-Part-2--Mission-Bound-And-B-List-ed-We-Go