*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/401126
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1061052
Sorry I keep going back and rewriting and refining. I'll get back up to date soon. I hope.
#401126 added September 4, 2008 at 7:46am
Restrictions: None
Chapter Seven
Chapter Seven:
Weeks passed and Alex did not return. Trisallyn too seemed to have vacated the manor only a day later. Mithel had moved in, taking a room on Trisallyn’s side of the manor that seemed to have been furnished for her anyway, with cloths that were her own size just as had been for Allianna. Amnira and Starlight had become good friends, though it seemed that the nymph’s mind was far more mature then her physique, though her speech didn’t reflect it. She treated Amnira as she might have treated a younger sibling of her own.
In time Amnira even went outside in the daylight, though only with Starlight by her side. The other girl’s presence seemed to keep the shadows from attempting to take Amnira away though she still saw them lurking nearby. Mithel watched with an interest in the nymph that she could not explain. Somehow the child felt familiar to her.
Allianna spent time with her daughter but, when she wasn’t with her, she sat staring out into the night and wondering where her sire and his niece had gone. It seemed something had upset him enough for him to leave and she hoped it had not been something that she had said or done. Often she thought back to the night they had spent together and willed herself to regret but the regret never came. Slowly she began to realize and accept that Trisallyn had been right, she had fallen for Alex de Monter. She loved him with every fragment of her being. It did not matter, he was gone and it seemed he might have little intention of returning soon. She knew that there was no chance he loved her in return. He wanted her, yes, but love? No he did not love her.
In one of those moments of thought Allianna was suddenly torn from herself, probably she had dozed off and was suddenly dreaming. She found herself standing beside a lake with a shimmering waterfall flowing into it at one end. At another a small stream slowly ran off into a forest. Around the lake the most beautiful landscape held her captivated.
Grass pure and lush grew thick in a large meadow. Further away plateaus stood against the horizon where the most beautiful dawn was happening. The sun did not cause the instinctive fear that it usually did in its rising. Most extraordinary was the incredible gathering of races that seemed to be everywhere surrounding the lake.
Suddenly Allianna became aware of memories that had been dormant beginning to awaken. Alex... Mithel.. Lenarri... Mirayine... So many strange memories that were not hers and yet, somehow, they were.
“You’ve returned. It is good to see you again, Allianna.”
The vampiress turned at the sound of the familiar soft voice of the angel that stood behind her. The angel’s wings shown a soft green that Allianna knew meant she was happy. “Hellen.”
“You seem so surprised to know me.. Could it be that your two lives are coming together in your mind at last?” the Dawn Angel asked softly.
“I don’t know.. Where is Alex?”
“He is not here yet but do not fear he and the others who have not yet arrived will do so soon. In the meantime come and see the others.”
Allianna nodded as she followed the angel to a grove of apple trees where a girl sat with her back to a tree reading. Suddenly she dropped her book and vanished in a dark shadow that could only belong to one close to..
“It seems Lucifer has need of his bride by his side. Poor Shiosh may not be able to see his love tonight,” another murmured as she shimmered in beside the Dawn Angel.
“Mother have you seen Ryan? We were supposed to go see Susan hours ago.”
Allianna’s mind spun as the memories of these people all came swirling back to the surface of her mind. Suddenly Mithel stood beside her, eyes sparkling as she looked around.
“I thought we might end up here sometime soon. What’s come up Hellen?”
The angel laughed, her wings shifting to a soft white. “Nothing out of the ordinary, we were simply due for a gathering.”
“In other words you needed the comfort of the Dawn linked?” Mithel translated, falling in step beside the 17 year old girl that was the purest form of good and led the fight against the 17 year old girl that was her exact opposite and fought to destroy all of the good remaining in any of the worlds. Hellen seemed to always be having her heart broken. The longest period of time she had gone without being hurt by love was when she had been with dusk but in the end even that had ended, though that time by her own doing.
“Am I so transparent as that?” Hellen murmured, her wings dropping and shifting to a deep gray. The Noon angel frowned as she turned her gaze to her mother.
“Again?”
“Yes, Kienda. It seems in my true world I am destined to remain broken hearted and alone. Don’t worry Whisper of my heart; I will survive as I have always done. Go meet your love.” Kienda nodded and vanished in a shimmer of pure light. The young girl would never be born to the real world. Her parents had long since been parted and so she could never truly exist outside of the spiritual world. That was just as well because Ryan would never exist either. Allianna frowned. How had she known all of that?
“Allianna!”
She spun and ran into the arms of her only love. Alex smiled and kissed her tenderly, his dark eyes bright with his love for her. The confusion in her mind was doused as she buried herself in his embrace. In the Dawn realm they had been together for an eternity. In this realm none of the issues of the other could touch them and they had never known them... so why was she remembering now?
“A far better sight then the regret and pain I last saw between you,” Lennari called by way of greeting. “But at least mother and daughter are together again there and the two of you are beginning to grow closer.
“You helped us, Lennari, I thank you for that,” Allianna murmured. Lennari stopped and stared at her for a moment then smiled.
“Then you are beginning to become one self at last. That means you and Alex are becoming closer in the other world then I thought. Once the part of you that is with Dawn and your other half are of like mind you will begin to remember everything from both lives.”
“My god Allianna you’ve been turned!” Alex seemed completely caught off guard by this development.
“Alex let your senses free for a moment,” Hellen advised softly, the color of her wings slowly shifting to a dull green as she pushed aside her pain and focused on her friends.
He frowned then pulled Allianna even closer. “I turned you.. How could I do that to you?”
Allianna stared around her in confusion. “You mean you don’t remember?”
“Sweetling I remember nothing but here. If I’ve done anything to hurt you in our other life-”
“I don’t even know where you’ve gone and-”
“Don’t worry about it sis, I’m sure he’ll be all right. If you know your man at all he’ll get back to you in one piece.”
“Keleb!” her emotions were suddenly torn between betrayal and love.
“None other. Good to see you. From what the angels tell me I still haven’t seen you in the other world. Since you seem to be beginning to remember I’ll tell you what else they told me. I’ve lost my memory there... I have no idea who the hell I am or where I’m from and that’s why I left you.”
Allianna stared at him and her mind was suddenly spinning out of her own control.
“You should send her and the others back for a while. It’s hard to be here for too long when you first begin to remember both,” Mithel murmured. “I remember it tore havoc with my head. My guess is I’ll have to follow soon after.”
Hellen nodded sadly. “Well at least there are the others.” Her wings glowed and the light blinded Allianna.
Suddenly she was waking up. The moon glowed brightly in the sky outside of her window and Amnira and Starlight were playing in the corner of the room.
“I was sleeping?”
“You been sleepin’ a while,” Starlight murmured. She looked at Allianna strangely for a moment. “I’m gonna go wake up Mommy.” Before Allianna could say anything the girl was dashing toward Mithel’s room. The other vampiress joined Allianna in the drawing room where the largest window in the house looked out over the gardens.
“Seems the both of us dozed off for a bit,” the older vampiress murmured.
“Mithel was it real? That place?”
Mithel looked at Allianna a moment and then frowned. “Was what real? What place?”
Allianna shook her head. “I just had the strangest dream. It does not matter. Any news of Alex or Tris?”
Mithel shook her head. “None. You should get some rest. You haven’t slept well in several days.”
“It’s not morning yet,” Allianna argued. “I’ll sleep as soon as the dawn comes.”
She turned back to the window wondering at her dream. It had been so strange and so real.
Mithel smiled knowingly and left the room, her own thoughts wondering as she made her way outside. She had not fed in a few days and she should bring some blood back for her bloodsister and the child. When she returned with a flask of blood Allianna refused it as she had done since Alex had left. It was beginning to show.

© Copyright 2008 M Farrell (UN: dreamrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
M Farrell has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/401126