*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404732-My-Favorite-Newspaper-Comic
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#404732 added February 5, 2006 at 11:07am
Restrictions: None
My Favorite Newspaper Comic
My Favorite Comic - Garfield{/center)

Garfield by Jim Davis is my favorite comic. Today, Sunday, February 5, 2006, the comic had to do with transformation. The opening panel of Garfield show Garfield and Ode (Garfield’s canine companion) tossing bowling pens back and forth; on each blowing pen is a letter and together they spell Garfield, the name of the comic and of the cat.

In the next panel Garfield is standing (yes he stands on two legs like a human sometimes) with his front paws or hands out stretched and the palms are open. Behind his ear is a colored marker a light, pastel or sky blue. In the next panel Garfield is standing with one hand behind his back and hold the marker in the other hand paw and a thought balloon above his head says “Today …”

In the next panel Garfield has acquired three more colored markers. He now has four colored markers: blue, red, green and lavender. Garfield is holding three markers in his left hand paw and one in his right. There is a thought balloon above Garfield’s head. Any the gist of the comic is that Garfield is going to show the audience (his readers) how to transform something “mundane” in to a piece of art. In the last panel it show Ode asleep. The is blissfully snoring away and unaware of what is going on around him. However, Ode is a covered with triangles, squares and band of color. Garfield is standing close by with the colored markers still in his hand paws admiring his (Garfield’s) work. The caption in the though balloon says: “I call it ‘Ninny in Repose.’”

I enjoy Garfield, in fact I enjoy Garfield so much that I am subscribed to the comic through my yahoo e-mail address. Jim Davis is a talented artist and has put out sever books of Garfield comics. Today’s comic, and I am beginning to suspect all the Garfield comics, have a moral to them.
(18 Sultan 162 B.E.)




My signature.


http://www.Writing.Com/authors/nfdarbe/blog

http://www.poet999.blogspot.com/

http://www.spiritualpoetry.blogspot.com/

Merit Badge in Reviewing
[Click For More Info]

Ranked # 12   Public Reviewer  for the month of  July 2005 . For more details, please see  [Link To Item #614925] . Merit Badge in Creativity
[Click For More Info]

When I read this piece through, I easily realized how much thought went into this. Your insight of the times through the use of the alphabet was so neat and enjoyable to read.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.


** Image ID #765748 Unavailable **




© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404732-My-Favorite-Newspaper-Comic