*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/405550-Girl-Stuff
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#405550 added February 9, 2006 at 5:25am
Restrictions: None
Girl Stuff
Some of my life routines have changed since I moved to the new house.

I've always been a bathtub person. Jeez, you can't take a bubble bath in a shower stall. To relax, I just need a tub, smelly soap bubbles, and enough time to soak till the water gets cold. I even have a mat for the tub that makes bubbles for massage--the Homedics brand. I have severe back problems from time to time, and a soak always makes me feel better.

I've been in the house almost two months, and I haven't taken a bath yet. I wouldn't have believed it of myself. There is a wonderful shower, the pressure is great, and there's a bar to hang on to so that you don't break your neck. The lady who lived in the house before me is 98. She has a helper bar on one of the toilets too, so that one's officially designated as Mom's toilet. She's 83, and manages her 117 pounds well. She hasn't asked me to help get her up yet.

Sometime when we were in therapy together, we came up with a rule that if one of us needs help, they need to ask for it. Sometimes she'd do things for me without asking, thinking she knew my mind, and I'd go through a perpetual stage of feeling guilty if I wasn't doing something to help her. Only daugher codependency issue. Anyhow, she asked me to vacuum her carpets this week, and I did, and mopped the living area too. It's easier to keep house without a pet, but she misses her little Chow.

She's invited my German Shepherd down to her house to visit. She might take "Shadow" on, but she wants to make sure she can handle her. "Shadow's" a fiesty three year old pup, and though she's a little Shepherd, she still weighs fifty pounds.

Mom and I are spending more time together since I only live a block away. She always call before she comes, and if she doesn't start to put on her make-up before we talk on the phone, it takes us about the same amount of time to get ready. I don't wear nearly as much make-up as I used to. I have a large drawer of cosmetics unpacked, so I know I used to use make-up.

Stange the aspects of yourself you rediscover when you unpack your life.

It's strange how out quality time is happening. Today we went to get a belt replaced on her vacuum cleaner, and we both needed groceries so we stopped at the market. I'm glad she lived long enough for us to have this peacful time together.


a sunflower in Texas
© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/405550-Girl-Stuff