*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/406437-Why-I-Write
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#406437 added February 13, 2006 at 10:10am
Restrictions: None
Why I Write
Why I Write


This is why I write because the morning sun raises red behind dark clouds. Because the world is a lonely place and humanity is afraid of itself and hates itself and therefore hates it neighbor. There is no other way to express the fear and the love that rises out of my soul when I listen to the morning news or read the morning newspaper. The fear comes from the knowledge that during the night another shooting occurred somewhere in Las Vegas or in the world. The love comes from the knowledge that despite everything God exists and is really in charge, but the Divine Essence can not help us if we do not want to be helped.

I write because I want to change the world and the only way to change the world around me is to change myself. The only way to change the world and the direction it appears to be going in is to change the individual components of society. When the individual chooses to become her true self, her authentic self then a component in society changes and the world begins to change. Slowly the world moves toward its destiny, many people believe that the world will come end in one big explosion. I do not believe the destiny of the world is to destroy itself.

The destiny of planet, of the earth is in unity. So I write out my fears and the illusions brought with me from my childhood. I write my certitude that humanity will continue to evolve both spiritually and (if necessary) physically. I write my certitude in the three onenesses: (1) humanity is a single species or race, (2) God is a singularity, one essence with many names, and (3) religion - all religions - are sent to humanity from the same Divine Essence and all were originally intended to assist humanity in carrying forward and ever advancing civilization; were intended to assist the individual human to know and worship the Divine Essence and reflect the attributes of God.

I write because I have to, it is an obsession, it is an addiction stronger than any that ever existed. I write because I weep when I see a red sunrise or a black rose. I write because I hear the soul of the poet and author speaking through the words of the poem or novel. I write because I sing when I hear the wind blow through an olive tree or the call of a mourning dove marking its territory. I write because I want to dance naked through the forest, the cities, the meadows and deserts; I want to dance naked with bells on my ankles and castanets in my hands proclaiming the glory of life and the splendor of the Divine Essence.
(7 Mulk 162 B.E.)

© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/406437-Why-I-Write