*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410623-A-Puddle-luscious-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#410623 added March 4, 2006 at 8:17pm
Restrictions: None
A Puddle-luscious Day
Winter: 3 'Ala (March 4)


2006-03-04
afternoon, 42 and wet. 14 degrees in Oslo, Norway.

Remind me why I want to visit Norway, please. I guess March is not the best month to go. June sounds better.

Walking in the rain was nice this morning. It has been extremely dry. With the warmer temps next week, the grass might green up. I know the flowers will pop out as they have been waiting for a warm rain.

I noticed the bubbles on the puddles as I was walking up the hill. Big bubbles and small, popped by drops from the trees. Is this what is meant by puddle-lucious?

Tutored Maryam again. She has a paper due this coming Wednesday. We spent almost 3 hours going over the assignment and class requirements. Of course, I learn too. I write poetry, but I've never taken a formal course.

I usually don't pick poetry apart just for fun. And some of the hair-splitting technical terms aggravate me rather than enlighten. Metaphor and synecdoche are more important as tools than mere literary terms.

Sketched March 1st:

Old man Hawkins

Bullheaded,
born under the sign of the Ox,
he ploughs each line;
each paragraph a fruit,
once pried and plucked,
never to be forggotten.

Thoughts of decades lost ring clear,
the clouds of momentary dross mere fog
that parts to bring us bell-like tones,
of themes well thought. And from the soil?
Fresh fruit.

Each furrow's plowed across his brow,
in lines both straight and clear.
Born under the sign of the Ox,
Bullheaded through all these years.
[162.777]

Had sushi (eel) last night and salmon spread. I bought ice cream (moose tracks, rocky road, lemon chiffon and french vanilla) to treat friends. Some of us made floats using red pop and root beer. Made sure there was chocolate syrup. As Larry D. knows, I like chocolate.

GETTING TO KNOW ME

57. Dolls in the house or cars in the mud? Both. I had to play with my sister a lot, so we learned to compromise.

58. Ford or Chevy? Pontiac.

59. Favorite car my parent's had when I was growing up: '68 Dodge Polara. Worse? '73 Chevrolet Impala. My mother's favorite was the '60 Chevy Brookwood station wagon. I swear if she were young again, she'd be an SUV mom. The bigger, the better. Hummer, anyone?

60. If I could have a classic car? '57 Studebaker Golden Hawk.

61. Who will speak first? I usually will, unless I'm feeling out-of-sorts, and even then ...

62. Arrive on time? Not likely. I was born a week late. I've only caught up a day or two over these many years.

63. Leave early? Not likely. I linger. Been the last to leave many a time.

64. Not show up at all? I'm getting better, but I'm easily overwhelmed and scatterbrained so I have upon occasion entirely missed something. Thank God for cell phones and those wonderful reminders, "Where the hell are you!". Secretaries are wonderful too; I just don't have one.

In thinking about chalaedra (her recent blog entry "Invalid Entry is particularly inspiring) and her beading:

O MY SERVANT! The best of men are they that earn a livelihood by their calling and spend upon themselves and upon their kindred for the love of God, the Lord of all worlds.

~ Bahá'u'lláh, Persian Hidden Words #82


2006-03-04
vespers, 44 degrees. 73 in Melbourne, Australia in the morning.

The Commonwealth torch is in Victoria. Here it is Spring. And I'm tired! tutoring all morning and in front of a computer all afternoon. My eyes are going to go like AL's did.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410623-A-Puddle-luscious-Day