*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/413150-When-Sleep-Comes-Slowly
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#413150 added March 15, 2006 at 9:45am
Restrictions: None
When Sleep Comes Slowly
also, my roommate was complaining, last night, about how bored she was and how there's nothing to do, whine whine whine, can i please come with you to the thing with od?

i told her no, because it wouldn't even be an official venue and because my going had more to do with needing to get my car from his house afterward, and she more or less accepted that. but then, afterward, i thought about it again and had a hysterical laughing fit, because i honestly don't see how someone can complain about being sooooo booooored when she hasn't even been to class since january twenty-first.

it's not for me to judge whether she is or isn't legitimately depressed. similarly, it's not my responsibility to make sure she doesn't ditch every single class through the end of the semester. i tried to help, and couldn't, but i'm not going to enable it, either. she isn't nice to people. she's overbearing and bossy and has no interest in any viewpoint that isn't her own; she tries to dictate the rules in other people's spaces and she finds a way to insult EVERYBODY on the basis of religion and/or class. my friends hate her, and she gives me no incentive to try to change their minds. i'd love to bring her to stuff like od's impromptu performance last night, because i know she likes to feel included, but how am i supposed to be an ambassador when she can't even manage the most basic respect for me?

besides which, she just rolled over in her sleep and farted loudly, something she does often nowadays, and i would have thrown something at her if i weren't so perpetually terrified of waking her up.

these days, when i'm in my room, i'm sitting stone-still and silent with my headphones on full blast, because i can't listen to her mouth for more than five minutes anymore. nor have i wanted to, ever since the "i can't stand malnourished bitches" comment. well i can't stand obese ones, i almost replied, but it isn't even true; it's just this one who makes me want to eat glass.

© Copyright 2006 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/413150-When-Sleep-Comes-Slowly