*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/414516-Dear-Everyone
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#414516 added March 22, 2006 at 1:11pm
Restrictions: None
Dear Everyone
dear everyone,

christina, you haven't updated your blog in twenty-three days, which is, of course, entirely too long. i'm worried about you. i hope things are better with austin. i'm sure the kids are growing like the proverbial weeds. write soon.

katrina, you haven't updated in ten days. the puppy is adorable; between him/her and megan and allison-to-be i'm sure it's all work around there. i miss the days when we used to comment on one another's every journal entry. and i think the kool-aid thing is super-ultra-hilarious. more pictures and updates, please.

aaron, i think about you every tuesday when i go to my poetry workshop. most weeks we do stupid little student-generated writing exercises, many of which involve generating lists--lists of evocative nouns, little-known words and phrases, and so on--and i always write lepidoptera, and feel cool. (which probably makes me very uncool, actually.) i never choose that item to write about, though, because i don't have anything to say about moths. so, i commend you, again, for making it work.

haizey, i have no idea whether you read this journal or not, but you've referenced it in scroll, so, perhaps. good luck with the baby; i hope he's healthy and on time and all.

caroline (if i may), it's the weirdest thing: nearly every time i read your journal, now, i forget it's yours and assume it's grim's. i read the lacy, proper english as facetious, and i think, how weird, grim sounds awfully feminine today, and then eventually--usually around line twenty--something tips me off and i feel very idiotic. something about the way you write, nowadays, or maybe the way he does. either way, i liked the story about the spider. and i agree that it's frustrating when authority figures don't actually know the first thing about what they're supposed to be teaching you. welcome to my own personal collegiate hell.

jessie, i miss the latin. but congrats on emancipating yourself. i think about you every time i commit some royal grammatical fuckup, which happens a lot, but it's in a good way. thank you for inspiring me so.

cyndi, thanks again, and while i maintain what i said earlier, good luck all the same.

aaron, i'm having the worst night of my life. od is giving me advice now, which is awkward in itself as he's sean's best friend and marcus's mortal enemy, but fuck the circumstances; i just want this nightmare to be over so i can go back to markedly not caring about my classes, waiting on summer, blahdiblah. i've already mind-written three vignettes, or so, regarding you and sharon, and i'm hoping at least one comes true so one of us has a happy life, when all is said and done. as it is, i'd rather be dying under the blade of an island-knife, right now, than getting ready to go to sleep, only to wake up and have it all still there.

ernie, while i'm very disappointed by the collapse of your "five entries a week" plan, and though i may hound you about it for a while yet, i totally understand that real life, in all its glorious complexities, should and does come first. notice all my recent entries have been surveys, as i've noted, for that very reason. i can't write anything lately. unless it's prepackaged and stupid.

jodi, i took your advice. on the name for the car. thank you!

love,

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2006 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/414516-Dear-Everyone