*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/415603-I-Forgot-Why-Darnell-And-I-Were-Friends
by Aradne
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1010479
Not interesting at all. Just like me.
#415603 added March 27, 2006 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
I Forgot Why Darnell And I Were Friends.
Busy week, but not a "hell" week. *Wink* I've worked every day since Wednesday, and I'm working everyday until Monday, except Tuesday. That's 12 consecutive days, and I have 2 papers due this week: 1 scary as hell one, and 1 "eh" one. Just trying to figure out how I got so many days.... Oh yeah, I'm complete pushover when it comes to scheduling days.... Gar.

So yeah, Darnell... Last year he was a really close friend of mine. This year we still act like we're friends, but in all honesty, I was in the process of forgetting why. Last night, though, we had the longest chat, and he warned me that a latenite worker was going to get written up, and that I should make sure that it wasn't me. (It's hard to pin the blame for anything that latenite does on one person, so anyone can get written up for any thing) But I told Darnell that if someone did get written up, I deserved it just as much as anyone.

All in all, we had a really good talk. I missed those.

Oh, I adopted a drunk last night, kind of. I was cleaning dining rooms, and I saw this guy asleep in the chair. We're not allowed to let people sleep on the furniture, but I was going to let it slide until I realized that he was covered in dirt, and that I couldn't tell if he was breathing. It was then my job to wake him and ask him if he was okay, but in doing so, I was not allowed to touch him.

Now, I must explain that one of my biggest fears is drunk men. This guy had 'drunk' written all over him. I was sure that if I did wake him, that he'd leap into a raging fury and hurt me. And although that should really have been the least of my fears, I still could not bring myself closer than four feet to him.

In being so near I could see that he was alive, that's all I really needed to know at that point.

I continued cleaning and when Pat, a regular customer, came through, he said, "Hey Josh, can't sleep in Reyne Cafe, bud. Wake up!"

"Josh" woke up and looked around. He looked over at me with the most child-like look I've ever seen from an tough, rugged, mud-covered drunk. I instantly 'fell in love' and decided to help him get home as soon as I clocked out.

"Are you okay, hun?" I asked. (All customers are 'hun' to me)

Yeah, he was.

Okay.

"He's one of my residents..." Pat said, "And he's covered in mud, what happened to him?" Pat's an RA, and could definitely get a drunk in major shit for sleeping in

I finished cleaning dining rooms, and he went to the bathroom.

I decided to go check on my drunk again. I wasn't going to let Darnell call the drunk police on him. When I got back to the chair where he had been sleeping, I figured that "Josh" must still have been in the bathroom, 20 minutes after I saw him go in. I got li'l D to go in and check it out for me. He said that the guy was sleeping.

I put away my cleaning supplies, got dressed, and clocked out. When I returned to see if he was out of the bathroom yet, he was watching TV in the dining room.

Me: Are you okay?
Josh: (small voice) yeah....
Me: Do you need help home?
Josh: (more certain of himself) No, I live over there!

----now, he pointed toward Residence #9, my home last year. But Pat had said that Josh was one of his residents, and Pat lived in Dee Hall, a 90 degree difference in direction.----

Me: So you're okay, then?
Josh: Yeah.
Me: Okay, sorry to be so annoying. I just thought that you were drunk.
Josh: *Blush**Blush**Blush**Blush**Blush*

I probably should have told him that it was bedtime and hauled his butt back over to Dee Hall and gotten him in bed. But I had already acted pretty creepy around this guy. And if he hadn't been drunk, would I have been forcing him to go back to his hall at 3am if he wanted to stay and watch TV? No, that've been bad customer relations, whether I was clocked out or not.

So I hope my drunk is okay. My bet is that he fell asleep again, and that Melody kicked him out when she vacuumed this morning.

So yeah, about "him". This guy. The one that I want to be with. The one that lives 50 yards to my left... (that sounds stalkerish, oic)

Right, well he's avoiding me. I actually give him credit for it. It's hard to do in a group of 5 or less people. In large group he's much better at it. (I wouldn't have noticed that he was avoiding me except for large group. I would have just thought that he was being quiet in small groups)

So I'm going to take a hint.



Remember, self worth has nothing to do with John.










*Yawn* Only 7 more days until.... a day off. Well, I have all Tuesdays off, so I shouldn't say anything. But I really am tired.

© Copyright 2006 Aradne (UN: ilianna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aradne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/415603-I-Forgot-Why-Darnell-And-I-Were-Friends