*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/416843-Porridge
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#416843 added April 2, 2006 at 1:40pm
Restrictions: None
Porridge
1. do you sing obnoxiously in the car when you're driving alone?
yes, and when i'm not, also.

2. do you sing obnoxiously in the shower when no one's home?
yes, and when they are, also.

3. do you go nights without brushing your teeth?
i try very hard not to, because it makes me nauseous in the morning, but with the roommate situation the way it is, i've had to orchestrate the occasional emergency sleepover, and i don't always have a toothbrush in my back pocket. but i've started preparing for that, lately, because i never want to sleep in the room with her when i can help it.

4. have you ever watched a little kid's show when you were over twelve?
constantly. they are deteriorating quickly.

5. have you ever looked forward to going to school?
i'm sure i have, but i can't remember why, right now. i can't believe tomorrow's already monday.

6. did you draw for your first crush back in elementary?
well, she was a girl (one of those crippling non-sexual admiration things), and drawing was one of her favorite things to do, so i'm sure we exchanged artwork on occasion. there were paper dolls at one point, and then--yes--a series of people drawn with no faces. perfect figures, long hair, light skin, the usual. that's how we were, back then.

7. have you ever liked a girl/boy but didn't ask her/him out because you were afraid?
yes.

8. have you and a (past or present) significant other ever made an our song?
not technically, but i could marry any of my current male (or female) friends and know exactly which distinctive series of songs they'd play at our wedding reception.

9. have you ever written a story about your love life?
i wrote a story, two summers ago, that projected on the futures of myself and all my friends, around the time of our ten-year college reunion. i had a four-month-old baby and a husband from whom i'd recently separated because he'd cheated on me with treesje.

10. an autobiography?
no.

11. have you ever listened to a song repeatedly just because it reminded you of your crush?
"still ray," by raphael saadiq, nonstop, freshman year. and then, for marcus, "kiss from a rose," which may or may not count because i already thought it was one of the most beautiful more-or-less contemporary songs i'd ever heard.

12. have you ever spent over an hour thinking about nothing but your crush?
i've never spent over two minutes thinking about any one thing. but there have been hours, days, weeks, when marcus has not once left my mind. it's just the framing that changes. the background noise.

13. do you reread meaningless aim convos just because they're with your crush?
i don't save the meaningless ones, but i do reread the ones where we debate about music, and the one where he told me about the purple skies, i read that one all the time.

14. have you ever reconsidered liking someone because of their appearance?
i don't think so, but i'm pretty sure i've suspended legitimately negative judgments about certain people just because they're handsome.

15. have you ever liked someone solely for their appearance?
no.

16. do you eat all the servings in the food groups on a daily basis?
i haven't had a scrap of meat since tuesday of this week, and that was chicken. i get grains and vegetables every day. those are the only guarantees.

17. are you ever a freak about cleanliness or organization?
the only reason i'm not taking a nap right now is that i can't fit into it. the clothes are piled almost to the ceiling.

18. have you ever owned a klutz book or kit?
yes! i had all the little crafty ones, multiple copies of the one that taught about friendship bracelets. people used to try to interest me in the nail-painting one; it never took.

19. do you know how to knit?
sort of. all i can make is a scarf.

20. do you have a cellphone or ipod with a patterned cover?
tuh.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2006 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/416843-Porridge