*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417434-Ugh
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#417434 added April 5, 2006 at 3:27am
Restrictions: None
Ugh
the senate rules say that the presidency cannot be granted except after a fifty percent plus one majority. if no candidate earns such a majority, the leading contenders must then prepare for a runoff election, to be held three days after the tabulation of the original results.

ahem. three guesses how the election went.

chris, the other guy, came close. he had close to forty-eight percent of the popular vote; marcus had forty-three, and the other two candidates accounted for the remaining nine percent of the voting body. and there's kind of no telling how those nine percent will reroute their votes, on friday, nor whether all those voters will actually put forth the effort it'll take to vote again. so we're back where we started. rah rah.

but, change the subject, because even i'm getting a little sick of this topic. gays, lesbians? okay, sure. i feel embarrassed and a little ignorant to admit, actually, that i don't have a particularly strong opinion on the gay marriage issue. not at all. i think we have to legalize it, because to do the opposite would establish a precedent that would allow an extremely untrustworthy government to limit others' freedoms in similar ways. but, generally, i don't care. i don't believe in love, right now, and weddings disgust me no matter whose unions they celebrate. i don't give a fuck that two men want to love each other forever, except that i do, because i'm jealous and bitter on my own scorned behalf.

although, to be fair, i will see marcus tomorrow, and, like always, i'll love him to the point of bursting.

so then, i don't know. what i'm talking about. my roommate's tv is up so loud i can barely think, and it's damn near three-thirty in the god damn morning. i think i've got the howlers. i fucking know it.

© Copyright 2006 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417434-Ugh