*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/418646-Zounds
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#418646 added April 10, 2006 at 4:39pm
Restrictions: None
Zounds
oh--having forgotten, somehow, to highlight this as dramatically as i'd intended to, i now announce that marcus won. it was sort of unexpected, sort of not, depending on whom you ask. sean, who is pretty politically savvy, was absolutely positive, as recently as a week ago, that chris had the win. the runoff suggested otherwise, and badaboom, so it went down.

he is immensely proud of himself, naturally, as are we all. he is ready for the responsibilities, ready for the negative press that's already begun and will continue, to be sure, through graduation and beyond. he is ready for people to pull him aside at every possible opportunity, a habit they've already developed, to whisper in his waiting ear about this or that organization that needs funding, political support, whatever.

so then, my level of readiness matters none whatsoever. it's gonna do what it does, so to speak, and i'll just ride with it. i've been through worse. and he's going to do a fantastic job, of course.

© Copyright 2006 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/418646-Zounds