*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420421-Hottentot-Venus-The-and-the-Ugliest-Woman-In-the-World
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#420421 added April 19, 2006 at 2:55am
Restrictions: None
Hottentot Venus, The and the Ugliest Woman In the World
there is way too much to do, these last two weeks. too much for all of us collectively, two thousand students working in unison, like as many hamsters on those useless wheels.

the last straw, for me, came today, when i realized i'd be late turning in a british literature paper because i had to run and take an essay test (an essay test) in my bowling class. bowling. the prompt was something ridiculously simple, and the "essay" ended up only needing to be like five sentences long, but still. still. it was time spent away from my desk, away from british literature. soooo stupid.

and then, and this is the worst part but just sort of comes with the territory when one tutors at a small school, the whole freshman class is currently writing their final papers on sarah baartman and julia pastrana. the whole thing about social darwinism and how the enfreakment of african-descended woman served as a basis for broader exploitation. which--and i feel a little pompous saying this, because i know i was just as confused two years ago, but still--is not that difficult a concept, and i refuse to believe that every african diaspora professor independently failed to make it make sense.

but then, i also don't believe that we have an entire class of stupid freshmen. but i am tired of reading those papers, and there is no end in sight.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2006 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420421-Hottentot-Venus-The-and-the-Ugliest-Woman-In-the-World