*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420999-Nadir
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#420999 added April 22, 2006 at 12:55am
Restrictions: None
Nadir
my mom recently decided that she and my dad messed me up by living basically dry lives for the past two decades. it concerns her that i complain, pretty much nonstop, about how much i hate being around drunk people all the time. (it has nothing to do with how little alcohol they consumed while i was growing up, actually, but i don't tell her that because it might hurt her feelings.)

if she and i were speaking, right now, and if it weren't quite so late, i'd probably be doing that right now. complaining to her. my roommate is drunk, which is great because alcohol makes her louder and chattier and more musical than normal. that's fine; i didn't really need the sleep. i'll stay up and listen to her tone-deaf spirituals instead.

which, actually, isn't the problem either. my mother finds me intolerant; i am not. i don't try to limit others' lifestyles. i respect any adult's decision to poison her brain and numb herself against the inconveniences of complex interaction and rational thought. but i think it's fundamentally unfair that i have to let her be obnoxious for the next three hours, then be sensitive toward her hangover in the morning, when it's not like she had an accident or anything.

i have wanted to be asleep for the past two hours. blame the bitchiness on that.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2006 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420999-Nadir