*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422466-How-do-we-respond-to-majesty
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#422466 added April 29, 2006 at 3:20pm
Restrictions: None
How do we respond to majesty?
I was in the cathedral once, late at night, after a team meeting for a Cursillo. We held a eucharist around the high altar, dressed in jeans or even pajamas, intensely in touch with our feelings of joy and our intentions for the days ahead and the people involved. It was magnificent and humble at the same time. We were exactly who we were, no more, no less. The setting was the same: majestic and yet accessible in ways we never would have expected.

On Sunday morning the regular congregation came in, their heads bowed, their worship reverent and self-controlled, contained by something other than the magnificent space and liturgy.

They could have been raising their arms and shouting out their praises, but they did not. We are so Anglican; we do things so decently and in such order.

I pray that inside us we are, or will be, more open than that, more aware and responsive to God's call to each of us.


© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422466-How-do-we-respond-to-majesty